Leave it to the Germans

The god dang Germans got nutin' to do with it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyWVPHoFGJA"]Smokey and the Bandit Germans - YouTube[/ame]

LOL

We put a 900cc yanmar in our Rhino. It will make upwards of 25psi of boost possibly doubling the meager 24NAHP it came with.

Check out what VW is doing with a 1L

VW Announces Three New Engines – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

I want one for the Rhino!!!!!!!

You know this is kind of old new right?
Even that article was made in 2015!

They do have some sweet stuff coming out though. That "bi-turbo" with the high voltage supercharger is nuts. It has an extra set of exhaust valves that only open when it needs the second turbo. And the electric supercharger supplies power even at high RPM WOT. It must draw a TON of current.
I'm excited to see real world results of these.

We put a 900cc yanmar in our Rhino. It will make upwards of 25psi of boost possibly doubling the meager 24NAHP it came with.

Check out what VW is doing with a 1L

VW Announces Three New Engines – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

I want one for the Rhino!!!!!!!

I guess i'm not a "diesel guy", but more of a "cummins guy" or inline 6 guy. If i was going to run a v configuration, it would be gasoline. The small displacement engines are interesting, but still more complicated than they need to be because of emissions.

You know this is kind of old new right?
Even that article was made in 2015!

They do have some sweet stuff coming out though. That "bi-turbo" with the high voltage supercharger is nuts. It has an extra set of exhaust valves that only open when it needs the second turbo. And the electric supercharger supplies power even at high RPM WOT. It must draw a TON of current.
I'm excited to see real world results of these.

Yep, wish you had posted it up for me to see back then.

New Baby

This is in my living room. She wouldn't let me put it in the bedroom...where her other toys are.

Billet_Cummins.jpg

Dang! Where are all the ornery ba$tards? I post a pic up of a future base for a coffee table and no one has any comments????? Am I losing my CompD family or is everyone readying for the explosion of the Trump economy????

Is that the one with the giant crack in the Miller welding video? ?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I was just doing some quick logger math. That little 1L VW did 280HP. Hmmmmm... let's see...at 280HP/Lx5.9L=1652HP

Not a giant killer at a truck pull. However, keep in mind this is reliable delivered HP over the life of the engine. (Though it may be short lived)

We all got hypnotized and couldn't do anything but drool after staring at that machining pattern. That is gorgeous.

lol, yea she's pretty. lets hope it holds up what Power Driven Diesel is going to put it through. Dan Scheid is awful tough on them. I like watching the vids of this dragster. Hearing the I-6 diesel at those rpms.

whos gonna fix that high tech crap...the opnly real thing in this thread is that badass coffee table

lol. It may truly be a coffee table when we are done with it. lol

Yea I hear ya on the working on them deal. All mine will be mechanical.

Back