Lets see your dyno graphs

CL2000

P-pump 24 valve graphs only and set up.
Ron and I have talked about the p-pump 24v seem to fall off just over 3k. I thought it was too much fuel,not enough air, not enough timing,maybe the cam, maybe the pump but I dont think it is any of those. I have changed almost everthing a few times and it has not helped.
Here is my graph II SB 66/74/14,215 pump mac plug 4ks 181s a mix of a 6 and 8 plate,6x012@4200psi, Dieselpros cam, Tork Tek over flow 40psi of fuel presure

Chad.jpg

Wish your graph used rpm's on the x. Does the smoke clear up as you hit 3k? Could be a few things, governor springs for one.

I'll try and find my graph Chad. Power was still going strong at 3700 when Eric let off.

Wish your graph used rpm's on the x. Does the smoke clear up as you hit 3k? Could be a few things, governor springs for one.

105 is about 3200. There is plenty of fuel and it is not the gsk.There is enough fuel to do 933 with 1 stage and still not clear all the way. Is it over fueld? yes.... smaller injecotrs and dv combos did not uphing to help it. One other thing is I have a converssion set of injectors I daily drive with, and it is the same thing falls on its face over 3k.

Wish I had one of mine handy...it was making 750+ past 4k

I'll try and find it tonight.

think it an air issue? want to use my 71 and prove the difference? this time we can use the crank pickup to get rpm...

I have the same issue even with a bit more air.

But aren't you running out of fuel? Not seeing the connection if the OP's description of having pleanty of fuel is accurate.

I found my dyno sheet from TS 09...didn't feel like turning the home computer on the scan it. But it was pulling hard past 135 MPH and that was 4000 PRM and 750+ HP. IT would pull A LOT farther, but I didn't want to hurt the motor (which I did 3 weeks later I still don't have it back together) and it was leaking oil form teh oil pan gasket...blow blew a hole out the front of it.

I thought both you guys had FAR better set-ups than my old one...I'm really confused why you are having issues. Only thing I can think of is GSK, I had 5ks in it at teh time.

think it an air issue? want to use my 71 and prove the difference? this time we can use the crank pickup to get rpm...

I have the same issue even with a bit more air.

I dont think it is air related I have the 62 64 and 66 the hp goes up but still falls off hard. But lets try the 71 for the hell of it Jason.

I found my dyno sheet from TS 09...didn't feel like turning the home computer on the scan it. But it was pulling hard past 135 MPH and that was 4000 PRM and 750+ HP. IT would pull A LOT farther, but I didn't want to hurt the motor (which I did 3 weeks later I still don't have it back together) and it was leaking oil form teh oil pan gasket...blow blew a hole out the front of it.

I thought both you guys had FAR better set-ups than my old one...I'm really confused why you are having issues. Only thing I can think of is GSK, I had 5ks in it at teh time.

I would like to see your sheet when you get a chance. Ron has 5ks in his and it dose the same thing.

Here is the dyno gracp from TS 09... I hope it turns out clear enough.

graph1.jpg

Mine falls off a bit, but not as drastic. And it came on a bit more gradually.

What is your set up?

WAS an SPS62/71/14 (no gate-probably hurt power) over and HT4C, CDS built 12mm pump with full cuts, 0 plate (didn't get around to tuning the AFC at that point), 30* timing, Diesel Pros drop in cam, mildly ported CR head with Mach7's at VP pressure, .093 lines and crossover tubes.

And I forgot to mention, as far as I can tell, judging by the video and the graph of that pull, when it peaks and begins to drop off, in the video that is about when the black smoke turns gray and the fire is is getting snuffed out by the fuel.

You've probably seen this, but here it is again. It's been almost two years since I drove that truck. :( It'll be fixed soon though. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR0njYguz4

WAS an SPS62/71/14 (no gate-probably hurt power) over and HT4C, CDS built 12mm pump with full cuts, 0 plate (didn't get around to tuning the AFC at that point), 30* timing, Diesel Pros drop in cam, mildly ported CR head with Mach7's at VP pressure, .093 lines and crossover tubes.

And I forgot to mention, as far as I can tell, judging by the video and the graph of that pull, when it peaks and begins to drop off, in the video that is about when the black smoke turns gray and the fire is is getting snuffed out by the fuel.

You've probably seen this, but here it is again. It's been almost two years since I drove that truck. :( It'll be fixed soon though. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR0njYguz4

Your graph is beutiful. Very nice setup. :Cheer:

Back