Let's see your pullin hitches!!!

i have read thru this and still don't understand the reasoning behind moving the hitch forward as much as possible. other than the longer the hitch the more it can bring the front up. can someone explain

I typed out a long explanation, but it was more confusing than the simple answer LOL You answered the question yourself, the long hitch or one that sticks out too far will lift the front more. The shorter and closer the rear axle it is the more weight it will put on the rear and lift the front less.

Yeah let the hook stick past your tailgate enough to not have problems at tech.

427596_2885222498152_1487843145_32410153_1420180702_n.jpg

so if the factory hitch is inplace, and stationary as it came from the factory, we could reinforce or add whatever supports tied into it as we please?

Here is one for a 2.6 truck I did a little while ago. Should work out good.

Attachments

• Drawbar.jpg
    Drawbar.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
so if the factory hitch is inplace, and stationary as it came from the factory, we could reinforce or add whatever supports tied into it as we please?

Yes. But remember it doesn't have to be in the factory location. Most rules say 44" from axle centerline or something like that. Look at the rules of the org you plan on pulling with. It's all in how you interpret them.

yeah.. but some people dont like how i did mine... i ran a frame to frame cross member 50inches from the rear most part of the oem hitch and tied two 2" square pipe (5' 6"long) into the gussets on my oem hitch. and on that same crossmember i have an adjustble link tied into the top of my differential. the cross member is 6ft from my reese reciever.

Last edited:
bob rules state hitch opening has to be 3" by 3 3/4" min. i want to use a pintle style to build off of but all ones i find are 3" opening. thinking i might just get a 3" and take a little meat out with a torch or grinder to give it 3 3/4" opening. any one see any issues with doing this?

bob rules state hitch opening has to be 3" by 3 3/4" min. i want to use a pintle style to build off of but all ones i find are 3" opening. thinking i might just get a 3" and take a little meat out with a torch or grinder to give it 3 3/4" opening. any one see any issues with doing this?

Thats what i did. Ran mine for 3 years with no problems.

Back