Let's seem some aluminum headache racks.

Comparing a fully welded, aluminum, painted to match rack like that to the JC special is very absurd. I hope you don't slam your wiener in a car door today.

:hehe:

I like your taste in trucks, but I'll never understand the Texas/OK obsession with headache racks. I do hate that white one in that pic, also.

Why don't you find the guy that welded up your bumper for that silver truck and y'all sit down with a 12 pack and a pen/paper. I'm sure you could draw up something that looks good on your new truck. If you do that, you could also integrate some mounts for your camera/lights.

I've never had a headache rack before; however, it'd be a great place to mount some backup lamps, my strobes, and a rear facing camera to interface with my display. It is not that I love them, it is just that that is about the only way to get a camera facing backwards and somewhat hide it so it don't get stole.

Comparing a fully welded, aluminum, painted to match rack like that to the JC special is very absurd. I hope you don't slam your wiener in a car door today.
Hey you said you were all ears (which is not correct, you're at least 20% mustache), so I opined.

Found the guy that owns the barbwire headache rack. He still frequents cf so I sent him a pm. Waitng for reply. Found a post where he mentioned a friend named Bruce built it. Its 5/8" round stock with 3/8" barbs. Thats got to be hell to twist together:bow:

This place has some also. Someone mentioned that they sell the barbwire by the foot, build your own rack.
Southwest Fabricators - Grille Guards, Bumpers and Headache Racks

Last edited:
I really like the first one you posted but 3g for that. JESUS!!!!! I'd be willing to bet you could get a local offroad shop to fab one for cheaper.

Hope it didn't take out your glass, that window sure can be expensive. B&W also has an offset ball if you have one of their hitches. Or you could just get it stretched so you have a long bed again, lol.

After towing the stock trailer for the first time with the short bed....ah...headache racks are out. I'll be putting an extension on. No wonder I hear stories of needing new back glasses. :(

Gooseneck Hitch Extension | B W Trailer Hitches

That's what was wrong with my MC when I bought it. Juan or two Mexicans busted out the back window with a trailer. Power sliding glass is insanely expensive btw.

It didn't hit...but you can turn....or hit a hill....but not both at the same time. :D

I saw the ball extension...it is $150 for 4 inches. I'd rather pay $200 and get 10 inches. I know, I know, that's what SHE said. LOL

I could also build the extension tube, but with my cattle on board and kids in the back seat, I think the $200 is worth it to have a pre-fabbed, internally gusset'ed, extension build by B&W.

It didn't hit...but you can turn....or hit a hill....but not both at the same time. :D

I saw the ball extension...it is $150 for 4 inches. I'd rather pay $200 and get 10 inches. I know, I know, that's what SHE said. LOL

I could also build the extension tube, but with my cattle on board and kids in the back seat, I think the $200 is worth it to have a pre-fabbed, internally gusset'ed, extension build by B&W.

Let me know how that extension works out. Dad has been wanting something like that since he has a MC.

Let me know how that extension works out. Dad has been wanting something like that since he has a MC.

I think it will be fine, but since it does have an offset up and back on the tube, I may have to trim my tube reciever on the trailer up a tad. I think my tube now sits almost all the way up in the trailer neck now. When I redo the floor of the trailer and paint it, I may just put some 2" spacers under it between it and the torsion axles to gain me some more tailgate clearance too. The ol' Circle D wasn't exaclty made for taller 4x4 trucks.

Pretty tight up top of the tailgate on the '02 as well. I couldn't jump terraces with it like I can with my flatbed.

IMG_2790_800x600.jpg

Looks about like the clearance with my truck and trailer. It gets hairy getting in and out of the field but hasn't hit yet.

I've had a lot of trouble with blowing the back tires off of it. If you jack the front end up to gain clearance and run down the road unlevel, the back tires get more wieght. I hate that. The trailer is slated to be redone into a show trailer for the kids in the next couple years. I got a whole pile of brand new rubber floor for it. I'm going to jack it up since I'll have to build a drop down ramp on the back for the hogs anyway.

Back