Let's talk cams

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see what rpm your running this engine, that cam appears to be fine duration wise, Ive got a pretty good idea what your issue is and one question may solve all this confusion.
As for valvesprings, give me a call, with a couple simple measurements, I can get you something just right for your setup. Give me a call anytime at 8126981736 and I'll see what I can do to get you headed in the right direction.

For springs, get you installed height and diameter and search Summit's selection by dimension. You may be surprised. Example, we found springs that fit a 3208 that were around 135lb seat pressure for $80 for a set of 16.

For springs, get you installed height and diameter and search Summit's selection by dimension. You may be surprised. Example, we found springs that fit a 3208 that were around 135lb seat pressure for $80 for a set of 16.

Thats actually what I have been using, but for the size spring I have its really tough to find springs that fit. The springs are centralized with the valve guide, their is no counter bore in the head. So i can only have springs with an ID the same or bigger than stock, and its a challenge to get one that will fit correctly. I think my only option will be to keep my factory inner spring, and change the outer spring to up the pressure and then buy aftermarket retainers to fit the bigger OD springs, But we will see.

Oh by the way, My cam from no limit showed up yesterday :rockwoot:

Oliver used a spring cup that located the spring. It fit a 5/8 guide and a 1.120 spring.

Hey guys, tractor is back together and running. I have pulled it several times but I'm hoping to make some more minor adjustments and Finish out the pulling year before I give a final review of my findings.

Back