Let's talk EGR deletes

Doppler

Ok so looks like I may have lost my EGR cooler, not 100% sure if its just the cooler or if my head gaskets are bad also. So when it comes to EGR deletes let me hear some feedback on which brands are out there. Who's using what and the pro's and con's/ like's or dislike's of the one your using. Which ones should be avoided?

When I was doing them we used sinisters delete kit and they worked awesome. Just make sure you get a kit with a new up pipe and not just the up pipe plug.

if you can get a welded OEM cooler, you'll never end up with J-pipe hose leaks, and the up pipe doesn't harmonic due to lack of support...

it's not a "race" solution, but it's an OEM quality/fitment solution

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Since I wanted the Sinister coolant filter setup I decided to just do a single purchase and got the EGR delete from them as well. They treated me right and as long as the quality of the product is what I'm expecting they will be getting business referred to them from me, customer service was spot on! Now, next question who knows of a legit diesel engine machine shop in our area that will do quality work on my heads if the repairs do get that extensive?

if you can get a welded OEM cooler, you'll never end up with J-pipe hose leaks, and the up pipe doesn't harmonic due to lack of support...

it's not a "race" solution, but it's an OEM quality/fitment solution

:thankyou2: we pull off at least one egr delete a week off that is leaking coolant exhaust or both. welded coolers work well

Looks like there is a blown head gasket after all. Anyone know of a reputable machine shop in the Oklahoma area that's good with diesel heads? I've only had to deal with one machine shop in the past and that was on an old Jeep engine and I want these done right by someone who knows what they're doing.

Bump... Looking for a reputable diesel shop that can do a head gasket replacement and stud installation in the OKC area. More importantly any shops I should avoid?

The only person I know of off the top of my head is Matt @ Cutting Edge, but he's in Newkirk :eek:

I'm sure there are other capable shops closer to you, I just don't know of any.

Thanks, I may have found a place here in OKC recommended to me, currently feeling them out to see if I think they can be trusted. Met with them yesterday for a few minutes but am going back today to follow up with them.

Back