Lets talk rollpans

CREED1

Throwed Off
Im currently looking at a few different rear rollpans for my 2nd gen dodge some steel some fiberglass what is the downfall of the fiberglass I am thinking more along the lines of the streetsceen rollpan with the hidden reciever hitch. You guys have any suggestions or comments that would be greatly appreciated.

Ya theres is the steel rollpan I was refering to I take it at 99.95 for a steel rollpan you cant beat it. Anyone got pics of a few different rollpans installed post em up.

Here is the one on my 2002... I added the extra back-up lights myself. It was a floor model off Ebay, so thats why its all scuffed up right now. I think their site was StreetMetal 2009 StreetSmart Product Lookup. I spent $35-40 for it, but the fit wan't the greatest, so I guess I got what I paid for, lol.

DSCF3579.jpg

You should see 5150rams roll pan. He tucked it up real nice and it releases with the tail gate handle so that you don't have that huge gap between the gate and roll pan. His is steel by the way and it has seemed pretty durable.

Sir Michaels, I welded mine in on the sides to get rid of the side gap... my truck's all black so the gap under the tailgate is less noticeable

Here is mine, the one from LMC Truck. The hitch has been moved forward on this as well.
IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

Rick

imo the steel is the way to go providing it's made by a decent company like Grant Kustoms. you will spend a little more but it'll be worth it when you are installing it. i've used 3 or 4 different ones on mine and the grant fit the best.

fiberglass is nice but it can be a *****. if you don't want to go with steel look for a urethane one. they are much more pliable.

dmax2.jpg

Its not a dodge...but it is a sir michaels steel pan. It was NOT straight, required some heating/shrinking around the plate frame and lots of blocking. I made a "hidden hitch" behind my license plate

i was told metal was easier to paint? but im not a body man so I dont know if thats true. I had mine painted by a body shop and they did a really nice job I think it matches great (metal)

definitely go Steel.. And remember, those hidden hitches are only rated to tow 5k and have 500 lb tongue rating.. I started a thread about it a while ago in this section. Have to go custom if you want one strong enough.

Has anyone installed the bump stop bars that some pullling trucks have with thier roll pans. I know they have to cut holes in them. I just wanted to know how to do it. I am going for a roll pan but I want the stops incase of the sled hitting.

Back