lift body or tilt hood setups

skyler1101

Hey guys, mainly looking to see a few pictures of your 95-2002 dodge lift body or tilt hood setups, im interesting in doing one of them on my 3.0 truck.... thanks!!

Yes it's allowed, the above mentioned duramax has a lift cab setup. Pretty neat.

Another option is to mount the hood hinges to the firewall and make the fenders easily removable.

Def. Subscribed to this. I bin thinking about this for awhile now.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

As long as the factory panels, or equivalent factory steel replacements are present I can't see why it wouldn't be legal.

The 3.0 duramax powered Ford in ISP has a tilt cab. I'll see if I can find a pic.

On a 2nd gen dodge you only need a couple bolts to hold the fenders on. Open the hood pop 4 bolts out and the whole front end is off with full access to the engine. Unless you are doing it to get to the drivetrain aswell.

I'm surprised there aren't more people with these setups I thought we would have a pile of pictures by now.

You couldn't run them till this year in 3.0 even though some people couldn't read the rules. So your not going to have a bunch of people with them

I was going to do this to mine when I did the initial 3.0 build. I came up with a minimum of 200 lbs additional weight to make it work, most of which sat well behind the front axle.
It definitely would have made the truck a lot easier to work on. I opted for a removable front clip instead.

Back