lift body or tilt hood setups

I still don't see no tilt bodies... Our body remains all steel and is stock appearing OEM from the outside, in the stands they can't even tell it tilts...

I still don't see no tilt bodies... Our body remains all steel and is stock appearing OEM from the outside, in the stands they can't even tell it tilts...

Except when it shakes bouncing down a rough track..:poke::lolly:

Maybe the part about a metal floor? Not sure how yours is constructed.

Most likely the intent was to have a full OEM floor (or as close to it as possible), but it does not state that. Some may say a metal floor is the bracing they use to hold up the bedsides....it's all in how you interpret it.

Poorly written probably. Either way that is when the intent of rule (and a educated tech official) would decide where to draw the line, not how person/puller A or B interprets it.

Most likely the intent was to have a full OEM floor (or as close to it as possible), but it does not state that. Some may say a metal floor is the bracing they use to hold up the bedsides....it's all in how you interpret it.

Poorly written probably. Either way that is when the intent of rule (and a educated tech official) would decide where to draw the line, not how person/puller A or B interprets it.

which is probably why you can see the ground from the driver seat in the majority of the trucks. and the only place there is a floor at all is under the drivers legs.

I use to think like you are talking, but it says OEM sheet metal... to me that is in regards to no figberglass panels... It does not say must retain entire OEM firewall and cab floor... It just refers to bed floor and used to give the 200 lb rule to offset no having that

I do not interpret needing the cab floor or firewall anywhere in that rule...

Just like someone "interpretted" 1/2" MWE groove as meaning an open slot straight to the face of the compressor wheel... When "ABSOLUTELY NO MWE GROOVES ARE LIKE THAT FROM THE FACTORY OR OEM" If someone can interpret that rule that far out of whack, than I can interpret OEM sheetmetal to be just the outside, cosmetic of the body... others hole sawl holes in dashes and door panels and interiors, what I did is no different... Even though my body frame structure added a little weight, where they are just saving every ounce they can...

Here's mine on my 2wd. Pull 2 pins and unhook a wiring harness and it will be removable when it gets finished.

Attachments

• 329146_10150486631681965_702955299_o.jpg
    329146_10150486631681965_702955299_o.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Back