lift pump suggestions

bd blk 12v

Fixen broken bulldogs
Hello guys i have a question on lift pump ideas. I have copied the junker drag truck setup of the knockoff holley black feeding the stock lift pump. I instead of using a draw straw i used a beans single bolt sump. The pump is leaking Im guessing the head pressure from the sump fuel. What would be a good replacement that i could use? I see holley make a diesel rated new pump. I also have been looking at maybe an aeromotive a1000. Thanks for the help.

The aeromotive pumps are tried and true. The diesel rated holley is in the same price range. I would go with what's known to work , you can even find them used on the classifieds some times.

The pump shouldnt be leaking sounds like the base is warped or somethings not tight. I ran a Holley Blue and Holley Red, the diesel did kill them but they never leaked. They have a rebuild kit for the holleys its cheap I would do that before I dropped 350 on a a1000

I am running the Fuel Boss, and love it. The DTT Assasin is pretty similar and in my opinion looks better, but I cannot comment on how well it works personally. Both are Mechanical and to me seem like a better option than electric fuel pumps. I realize some people have been running their FASS or AD for 15 years and never had a problem, however I have had issues with electric fuel pumps and went mechanical soley for reliability. I am currently making 45 PSI at idle, and 55-75 depending on my RPMs......I absolutely love these belt driven pumps. My only wish would be for a smaller version of a Waterman to be produced that could be plumbed the same way as these belt driven pumps are plumbed.....

Back