Lift question

holsky

Ive been looking at my truck and so far I've just got a 2 -1/2 leveling kit on the front and an add a leaf in the rear.

I just put 325/70/17s on and last night I must have hit the right bump at the right angle and the end of my fender slashed a hole in it. Now my question is how high can you go in the front without putting on extended control arms, and pitman arms. I do have a set of 2-3 inch extended shocks all around.

I was looking to see if I can pick up a set of 3" extended coils but wasn't sure how that would effect the control arms and pitman arm.

Thanks for your help guys!
Austin

You can buy a rough country trac bar bracket that is made for 2-3" lift in the front that is pretty simple and cheap. You'll basically just be drilling a new hole for the trac bar to mount to on the axle end.

I personally wouldn't go over 2" without front control arms and I think that is the source of most of your problem, Top Gun Customs will build you a set for whatever size lift you want for $250 that are plain poly bushings on each end. I would order them for 1" of lift more than what you actually have though, IIRC I read that they kinda leaned on the short side for the amount of lift they were made for.

Actually it was my left front tire that got slashed. But after more thought I think I do need longer control arms, bc I've noticed that my shock isn't straight up and down in my coil spring so I think that the control arms arent long enough.

Ok thanks a lot for your help guys. So if I go with their 3.5" coilsprigs other then the track bar what else would need to be extended or lengthen?

I also went ahead and grinded down those sharp points on my fender and really haven't had any problems.

I ran longer control arms (1/2") with just a leveling kit and cleared 325/60/20's. But I did have a different track bar since the stockers are junk and just the leveling kit pulled it over enough to bug me.

Ill definitely look into getting a different track bar and lower control arms.

The only thing that scares me about Topgun Customz is I bought a body lift from them and received a body gap kit for a Chevy, so I called and complained and they said they were going to ship out my right part and never seen anything for a month. Well I called back and they said said that they were about to ship it out and I told them I didnt want it any more and wanted my money back, well then they told me I needed to ship their body gap kit back before I got my money back. But everything worked out ok but I just dont think that they are a very organized company.

Last edited:
The control arms on my 4.5" lift were the same length as my factory arms. I've stuffed my 315/75/16 tires on 16x10 rims in my fenders with no rubbing.

The control arms on my 4.5" lift were the same length as my factory arms. I've stuffed my 315/75/16 tires on 16x10 rims in my fenders with no rubbing.

What lift do you have? I have some 315/75/16 for my son's truck but with just 2" level kit they rub hard, I also have them on 16x10's

tia
John

pretty much even with just a leveling kit you need arms and a track bar to get everything correct. but track bar at least, the arms will just re center the tires in the wheel wells. and rubbing has ALOT to do with backspacing/width on rims.

Last edited:
Yeah I just burned through a trac bar in about 2 months. So Im definitely going to buy a DT Pro Fab one, going to get longer lower control arms, and Ive gotta get those special lower control arm bolts.

Back