limited slip which one

cyric

Tinkerer
I am tired of wearing out one tire. I want to go to a limited slip differential. My question is which one and where to get it from?
Thanks in advance
Joe

True-trac. Worm gear style. I love mine but not sure where to tell you to get it from.

6-7 years ago I went with a Powertrax setup. I bought the unit used and installed it incorrectly. This resulted in the differential breaking with in 50'. I called Richmond up and told them the problem and they diagnosed it over the phone. I pulled the diff and sent it to them for repairs. They knew that I had screwed up and that the damage was my fault. They fixed the diff and sent it back to me for no charge! Ever since then, I've been exceptionally happy with the differential. Yes, it does chirp the tires. Yes, it does drag into the corners. It also clicks and occassionally pops. But it's locked when I want it and I havn't managed to break it since then. The diff will ONLY install if you have a open diff. It's very simple to do in your home garage. Only special tool needed is a torque wrench. You don't even need to reset the pinion! I highly recommend the Powertrax unit. Now somebody please pay me! POWERTRAX - TRUCK/SUV

Back