Limiting Straps?

05Supersmoker

West Texas Diesel Perf.
Who all is using limiting straps on the front end on a 4wd? I have not used any as of yet but looking into getting them for my 97 dodge. I am launching around 40psi right now. I don't have very good videos to check to see how much the front is lifting. It is lowered quite a bit in the front also.

I used 'em on my '02 F250 and '04 F250. Work awesome. Mine was a little different (used j-bolts and a thick metal bracket) but same principle; keeps the front from coming up. Really smooths out the launch and helps the 60'.

I need to put some on my current F250. Gonna have to use an actual strap set up since it has coil springs up front instead of leaf springs like my two previous.

I cut my coil springs up front so I had to use them to keep the springs from falling out of the perch, bought them off summit an made some mounts on the axle and frame.

On mine there is no slack. I tighten it down so it can't lift at all.

I run some from Filthy Motorsports and they are made to stretch a little so they don't snap tight. I'll set them up about an inch loose. Should be about 2.5" of droop IIRC.

We run straps on our truck. Setup for around 2" of droop

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Back