Limits of a stock H.O. VP44

FosterW

How Now Brown Cow
I searched the forum but couldn't come up with anything. I thought I've read somewhere before that it was around 500hp? I could be wrong thats why I'm asking you guys..
I'm also wondering if .093" lines and tubes with a stock HO pump and say Mach 3's would be asking too much of my pump? I do have a 95gph FASS with -6AN lines..

As long as you keep over 20 psi of fuel to that pump with your FASS, you can make over 600hp if you get the right box, injectors and turbo/turbos. I'll think you'll be just fine with those lines and injectors.

Thanks for you input guys. I was thinking ppump route for awhile now, but I'm not going for high hp or higher then 4K rpm's either so I dont think it would be worth it in my case.

500hp is about all that has been done on fuel only with a HO vp IIRC

600hp with an HO VP44, Mach 3's, 0.093" lines/connector tubes, 95GPH FASS, and 20psi inlet pressure?

I didn't mean with the stuff he has, just "stuff" in general :D Without a box or turbo he won't break 400 with what he has...:kick:

I knew what you meant JFlagg. I don't have those sticks and lines btw guys.. Just brainstorming.
Haloman, that might be where I got the 500 from..

Thanks again guys!

DO NOT TRY TO TRAKE IT TO 4000 rom WITH YOUR STOCK VP PUMP IT WILL FRY INSTANTLY TRUST ME I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN DO NOT DO IT

By the way, I made 436hp with an HO pump, a HX40, 60 hp injectors, a TST Comp and AFE intake with straight pipe exhaust. That was before the HRVP and FASS 150 though...they followed shortly after, lol. So I think with 150 hp injectors and a FASS 150 I would have been REAL close to 500. Though my HX40 would have been stretched pretty thin.

DO NOT TRY TO TRAKE IT TO 4000 rom WITH YOUR STOCK VP PUMP IT WILL FRY INSTANTLY TRUST ME I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN DO NOT DO IT

Why not? There isn't anything different between the "hot rod" pumps and the stock pump internals. Just the electronics are changed... I know a few guys that have ran Redlines on stock pumps without problems. Either your pump was already on its way out or you had an issue with your programmer. Which would have had to be either an Adrenaline or Redline since those are the only 2 who will rev that high. And the Adrenalines have had issues with reliability, not that the Redlines aren't finicky, lol.

That works for me. Im looking for a very reliable, streetable, clean-ish 450-500.. Do you think Mach 3's, lines, an Edge Comp, and a ps62/12 will get me there?

That works for me. Im looking for a very reliable, streetable, clean-ish 450-500.. Do you think Mach 3's, lines, an Edge Comp, and a ps62/12 will get me there?

Close, is everything is working correctly. Might think about mach 4's

Should be enough fuel and air for 450+

Not sure I would describe any VP truck as "very reliable" though.

Although I don't seem to hear of as many failures as I did a few years ago. Might be the nature of this forum as opposed to the last one I was on though.

Maybe its all the FASS and Airdog units being sold? LOL

I made 535 with stock HO VP44, scheid 150hp injectors and a II 66 TST comp

Were you pulling your truck when you had this set-up? I think that 66 would be a little big for me to get on top of in daily driving situations.

Were you pulling your truck when you had this set-up? I think that 66 would be a little big for me to get on top of in daily driving situations.

Yes i did pull it with that setup and DD it, as well pulled a 40ft enclosed trailer for a while with the truck in my sig in it. It was a little laggy but very doable just had to keep the rpms up a little it didnt like to be in high gear at 30mph. I have the dyno sheets to prove it.

I made 450hp with ddp110's aroura 3000 and edge comp... very driveable and tows 23xxx like it's not there...

Back