Line-X over existing spray on bed liner?

waldershrek

The guy that had my truck before me put a spray on bed liner on it (not sure what brand). It's kinda beat so I wanna get it redone. Is it possible for them to Line-X over the old one or do they have to strip the old one off? How much is it for Line-X these days? It was a couple hundred bucks a few years ago when I had it done on my other truck.

I wouldn't put it over the old one and I'm sure they won't do it either and if they do it won't have a warranty. Start scraping and melting and picking. Also when I got my cr done a couple years ago it was 400 for over the rails.

I do spray ons everyday for reflex liners. You have to strip the old liner completely off. after that you can prep it yourself by re-sanding it, and then the guys at the spray place can handle it from there. They will do it, but they wont spray over the existing liner. They will charge you a lot more because they are the ones to have to strip the old liner.. trust me its not fun, and by the time that we get the old liner off. were so tired that we cant even run a straight line to spray the new liner

we cleaned and prepped a guys truck and then rolled on one of those rhino or whatever kits on. looked WAY better after but he doesnt use the truck so im not sure how its holding up.

Garrett

I had rhino liner on my old truck. It was ok but it got slippery when it was wet which resulted in me busting my ass quite a few times. My dad has line-x and his isn't slippery.

Al's Liner tells us to tell customers to wipe the surface down with thinner, then spray over the existing liner. It sticks to itself very well.

I spent a day puttin a herculiner in mine and i hate it. Its peelin in some spots. Might be cuz it was sittin in my buddys shed for a couple years but it was free

Back