Links to 5.9 12v piston sources?

BC847

Well, after 295,502 miles over the course of 27ish years, I believe I've a rod bearing that's had enough.

It's as good a time as any to freshen the short-block.

The current heap amounts to a stock/OEM 1993 short-block with 145* pistons.

The head has some swirl inducing reliefs in it that drop my C/R.

I'd like to to bring the C/R back up by going to a smaller bowl . . . .. while going to a 155* bowl.

While wishing in one hand, I'm here looking the stuff that goes in the other. :lolly:

I've done enough searches to find that there's a lot to choose from, and part numbers are all over the place.

Anybody got links to Cummins piston specs?

(The head's good for 195 in and 220 out. 188/220 cam. Triples good for right at 150lbs/min. 6oish boost at head @ WOT).

Thanks guys.

Well, after 295,502 miles over the course of 27ish years, I believe I've a rod bearing that's had enough.

It's as good a time as any to freshen the short-block.

The current heap amounts to a stock/OEM 1993 short-block with 145* pistons.

The head has some swirl inducing reliefs in it that drop my C/R.

I'd like to to bring the C/R back up by going to a smaller bowl . . . .. while going to a 155* bowl.

While wishing in one hand, I'm here looking the stuff that goes in the other. :lolly:

I've done enough searches to find that there's a lot to choose from, and part numbers are all over the place.

Anybody got links to Cummins piston specs?

(The head's good for 195 in and 220 out. 188/220 cam. Triples good for right at 150lbs/min. 6oish boost at head @ WOT).

Thanks guys.
Mumau Diesel. Pm Snedge. Anything else would be uncivilized. Give him a shout. $.02

Back