Little help please...

silvercummins14

Georgia Diesel Mafia
i just got through doin a 12v swap in my 03, ive got pretty much everything working but a couple little things that i can figure out. For some reason the truck has no power until the key is turned on. Meaning i have no lights or anything, nothing will come on until i turn the key on. Any ideas of what could be causing this? When the key is on, everything works except the radio (which was working) not sure if that is related to my problem or not.

Thanks,

I'll tell what your problem is and how to fix it, If you'll vote Republican in NOV!!!

LOL LOL

Yes the battery cable to fuse box is hooked up, when i mean nothing works with the key off, absolutely nothing does. The interior lights wont, i cant turn the head lights on. Like i have a dead cab when the key is off.

As I said, the lights are the only thing supposed to work with the key off. Might be worth a shot to pull the cover off the column behind the steering wheel and check the ignition switch. It's mounted on the left side of the column right behind the turn signal lever.

And, did you check all the fuses?

Last edited:
Ill check under the dash in the morning, but i did not mess with anything under the dash. All fuses are good. I removed engine and harness and thats it, i was wondering if there is a specific wire or ground that could cause this.

Back