Little pump help please.

greyrig05

Hey guys. I'm new to the 12v world. I just bought a 98 12v to build for next spring. I was told it has a 215/911 pump on it. I'm assuming it's a 12mm pump. I'm looking at making 7-750hp on fuel. I'm pulling the pump this week and sending it off. After I have it built will this pump flow what I need it to? I'm assuming i need to be in the 5/600 cc range, at least. Is this correct? Thanks James.

Ok thanks. It's def an auto with the kickdown bracket. Can I build this pump to flow what I need it to?

913 is 215. You have a 180/911. It is capable of the hp you are looking for. Given any thought to injectors and turbos to get you to your goal?

Yea man. I think I'm gonna start with 5x.018s on the injectors. The turbos are still in the air. Possibly a 366/488. Just haven't locked it down. I'm hoping the motor will last one season makin a couple of 1/4 mile events. Then next winter build the short block and possibly upgrade the pump to a 13mm

Im trying get him do 468/595. But i think a 66/483 combo most likely.

The truck is actually a 1/2 ton short bed single cab. In the process of mini tubbing it and building a 4 link for it. I'm thinking 750 ish on fuel plus a little bit of nitrous would get be a decent et. Granted it'll hook.

What do you think about 366/71/.88 with a t4 over the 488 or 480. Not sure on that sizing just yet.

Totally depends on application of the truck. Have to take everything into consideration when sizing turbos.

I am running a 62/71/12 over a batmo 475 twin setup up with 5x.018 injectors and a benched 12mm pump pushing close to 600cc and making great horsepower and drives awesome on the street. But your setup depends on how fast you want to run and it sounds like you won't be on the street to much.
With a setup similar to mine, your truck should fly. I run the 11.90 and 12.00 classes with my truck and my truck is a 1996 club cab long bed full weight with 12" subwoofers in it and a big brush guard on the front bumper.

Thanks man. Im still not decided on the twins. Debating a single with a little no2.

I'm just running an unbenched 160hp pump and medium sized turbos, but it still manages some decent ets and over 700hp. And it's a pretty decent street truck too.

Once you get under 11.5 sec, you're lookin at a lot more safety equipment, below 11.0 even more. Yours being a short bed, 10s would be pretty easy even without the spray, be prepared to do a cage and etc.

Thanks man. Yea. I've been thinking about it. I had a 3rd gen that I put a bar in and it wasn't too bad. This one will be a little different being a sc sb. Not sure what I'll do just yet on that. It would be easier since the bed is coming off to 4 link it and mini tub it.

I'm pulling the pump off today. Guess I'm just gonna send it to scheid and let them build it. I'll let them make a decision on how far to take it. Any suggestions here?

:thankyou2: James.

Back