LLY must do upgrades?

Dual exhaust was cool on a diesel in 2008. They're hard to keep level, and they never split evenly. Also I have a rule of the exhaust tip being no more than 1" larger in diameter than that of the pipe.

But that's just my opinion.

T I believe that if you like the look that's all that matters. I will be pulling my stack out for dual 5 inch straight out the back with v bands that I can change out for racing with 2 45º pipes.

Opinions on 4" duals with 6" tips?
Not unless you want a pic of your truck to end up in the oraler section. :hehe: Your truck does look good, though. You got a good deal on that one.

Whitetail, your truck looks good. I had never seen a pic of it.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time making up my mind because I love the look of duals, but a 5" single looks really good too

yqena9a6.jpg

Even after owning an 03, the 03-04.5 front end is still my least favorite, but that hood helps out a lot. Looks sharp.

Video of donuts?

Vids next time lol. Yeah I hate the 03-04 front ends, had this pickup not had a cowl induction hood when I bought it, it would either be on order or it would have been converted to the 05-07 style

As said, a new downpipe and tuning will change how the exhaust sounds. Mine is straight 4" with a Profab downpipe and there isn't any screeching exhaust note at WOT. The tow tunes still run close to 35% on the vanes at WOT, but on the hotter tunes there is enough fuel that you can set them to open almost all the way. I never saw the point of a 5" system, the downpipe and front pipe is still the same size.

Do you already have a V2 scanner and EFI software?

My wife hit a patch of ice at about 40mph. Wrecker guy said he's 90% sure its totalled. The ol lady is bruised up and sore but she's ok

DAMN. I'm sorry to see this. Was good looking truck, glad to hear your wife is alright. Another LLY down....

That sucks... glad everyone is walking away but damn.... feel for you bud. Sorry to see that

Thanks fellas. Yeah I'm really bummed about my truck but I'm glad my wife is in good shape. The insurance adjuster will be in town to look at it tomorrow and I'm praying its totalled. Once we get the word on that we're gonna head in to town to sign the papers on a fully loaded 08 GMC.

daqugasy.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fellas. Yeah I'm really bummed about my truck but I'm glad my wife is in good shape. The insurance adjuster will be in town to look at it tomorrow and I'm praying its totalled. Once we get the word on that we're gonna head in to town to sign the papers on a fully loaded 08 GMC.

daqugasy.jpg

Movin on up!

Back