Lmc truck 1st gen

Hopefully IF they do anything, the quality doesn't suck like the aftermarket Classic Mopar Muscle Car parts have in the past.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

Mark.

I have only bought a few 2nd gen items from them and they seemed good quality. What I don't get is there lights are the same as ebay ones but they ask twice the price? Maybe they get theirs from Indonesia instead of china lol

This has been discussed on DTR quite a few times already. Many of us over there have already signed up to receive the catalog. Although, like Mark said, that's IF it ever happens. Seems like the release has been pushed back a couple of times too. They also have neglected to list the 1-tons (D/W-350s). Although, it may not seem like a big deal, there are differences. Such as those that are DRW and more.

I'm with Mark on the quality of the products also. I've heard the aftermarket body panels are flimsy and fit like shat.

Last edited:
Man, that would be amazing. These trucks are worth some pretty good coin, but if more replacement parts become available, they get even more popular.

Have any of y'all seen the place that used to build the door brace kits? The doors on these trucks are flimsy, but I don't think they build those braces any more.

Man, that would be amazing. These trucks are worth some pretty good coin, but if more replacement parts become available, they get even more popular...
I'm sitting on a goldmine of parts here... so some say.
Can't buy as much as a nibble on a couple of the more complete trucks I have.
Then again, the value declines if it's not 4WD, I understand.

I'll just keep scrapping them, that makes the rest worth more, right? :hehe:

Mark.

Man, that would be amazing. These trucks are worth some pretty good coin, but if more replacement parts become available, they get even more popular.

Have any of y'all seen the place that used to build the door brace kits? The doors on these trucks are flimsy, but I don't think they build those braces any more.

Haven't seen any kits myself but I have seen plenty of guys simply welding a length 1/2" square tubing horizontally along the middle of the door, just below the latch handle on the inner part of the shell. Really firms them up from what I've read.

Hunted and pecked from a Galaxy S4.

Last edited:
Can't wait mine is preordered, like some said might be a lil high on prices but at least it's a place to get parts!

With my experience of body work and my dads 35 years of experience, I can honestly say LMC sells the absolute worst sheet metal parts on the market. Never have I been so disappointed in quality as I am there's. Mabey the new stuff is better but I doubt it, just want you guys to be ware so you don't waste your money. Now if auto metal direct started making sheet metal parts we would be in business!

Ill have to do some digging for you to find the part I'm talking about, but this was a common issue on A body mopars. Turns out an A body Mopar Door handle is the same as a 1st gen door handle (along with door hinges being the same). A company makes a bolt in stiffener plate for A body mopars that skimpily bolts on to the back side of the door handle to keep the door skin ridged so it won't crack again. They are cheap and they work. If your interested ill find the company for you.

Vans also used the same door handles, as well as the '66-'70 'B' body & '66-'72 'C' body "short" armrests.
'73-'80 Dodge trucks also used the same gas cap as a '1972-1976 'A' body.
The '72-'74 Dodge trucks with a 22" radiator used the same fan shroud and brackets as a 1970-'74 'B' or 'E' body with a 22" radiator.

There's a whole lot more of that kind of crap I can tell you about MoPar truck parts fitting on cars and other interchanges, but this is a Diesel Truck site. :)

Mark.

I only discovered this mark because I have a 72 duster and got to looking at some parts like hey those look familiar lol

Back