LMM from a van

brigger18

I seen the power decrease in the van motor I just got. The question is, are the injectors still the same as in the pick up version? Are there any other differences between the van version and the truck version. I'm fairly new to duramax. I'm learning a lot from you guys. Any info would be great. I believe the trans is a 4L85E, any good?

Well so far to my knowledge the particle filter has been taken out and the egr has been removed from the ecm. Its still on the motor but not working. Guy had an efi live and changed that stuff along with more fuel. Thats what was told to me when I bought it. When you stomp it down the black fly's so something has been done.

I got a 6L80 with it also with the harness. Any insight would be helpful. Was told the six speed would work with the motor?

How far can I take this motor without changing injectors or turbo? Not wanting to start some big argument just a rough idea. Studs and things like that don't really bother me. Just not wanting to change pistons or rods or fire ringing.

Is the bell housing the same as the ls motors? Looks similar

If you tune it though, keep in mind you have to use the van tune as teh truck tune will not run in it. You can make the values teh same in the van tune as the truck tune is, but you just have to make sure and run teh van tune as a base file.

Is there a special version of efi live for diesels or doesn't matter? I already have hptuners for a ls car I have, anyone use hptuners on these before?

Back