lock switch

haz-mat19

just noticed today that my remote will not open the driver side door lock, the passenger side still opens. The batteries are new in the remote. The door lock switch will open the passenger side and not the driver side. Anyone have this happen, and how do you go about fixing it:thankyou2:

I would imagine that the solenoid that unlocks the drivers door is either ka-putt, stuck, unhooked, or something of the like. It your remote opens the passenger door, the remote transmitter, the reciever and wiring to the passenger door are good, so, I would pull the drivers door panel and inspect the parts over there.

And I have the 2001 wiring diagrams in PDF format if you need to chase wires. It is huge, but I can cut and paste pages to you when I get back home next week.

Cool thanks a lot. I was kind of thinking that, you can hear it clicking, just not working. It will be a little while bet til I can get to it. I will let you know, thanks again.

Mine did the same thing a few months back Chris. Fixed itself after a week or so.....

If you can hear it clicking the solenoid is either not traveling far enough because it needs lube or the connector rod has come lose. My bet is the rod has came off the lever. Should be able to snap the plastic keeper back on it or use some baling wire. Good luck.

Yah, I can hear it going. I was starting to think that same thing. It work once today. I am going to pull the panel on Sunday and see what gives,:thankyou2: , if it is anything other then something minor I will be getting ahold of you for some wiring help.

Back