Looking at all these dyno numbers...

outonyou

I dyno'd mine yesterday and looking at all these other ones, my numbers are low. Can someone tell me what I'm missing or if these numbers are about right...

Triple Dog programmer, snow water/meth. Straight pipe exhaust with Magna flow muffler, mod'ed air cleaner box and tube, plugged Banjo bolt on fuel return, arp head bolts, motor has only 9000 miles on it. Everything in the fuel system is stock, turbo is stock, injectors are stock. I did this test to see what kinda difference each setting made and to see how the water/meth worked out.

stock setting....35 psi boost 322.22 hp 587.98 tq
2uszeqd.jpg

tow setting....37 psi boost 326.80 hp 596.29 tq
5l44na.jpg

performance setting....40 psi boost 344.09 hp 683.95 tq
1265jk8.jpg

extreme setting....42 psi boost 395.27 hpm 719.96 tq
263v4nb.jpg

extreme setting with washer fluid....42 psi boost 386.10 hp 722.85 tq
243gbgw.jpg

extreme setting with 25%meth/75% water...42 psi boost 409.52hp 741.54tq
119unp3.jpg

It lost power with the higher % of meth mixture. Came to the conclusion it needs the second nozzle on the water/meth kit. So I'm going to install it and go back for some more testing. I'm trying to get 500hp to the tires, and a NOS kit will be the next thing to be put on!!!

We'll need more info on the truck...Year? Make?

Why is your fuel return plugged?

What kind of truck? What year? What banjo bolt do you have plugged?
More information about the engine would help us help you.

I like the fact that you documented each run and the setting you were running. Good stuff.

Who's dyno you running on? Chucks? I was under the impression it was not a load dyno...
And if i remember right he has a 04.5.

Last edited:
04.5 2500 4dr 4wd 5.9 cr..bully dog TD.. snow water meth kit..stock rebuild w/ 9K miles.

I read somewhere that if you plug the banjo bolt thats in the rear of the intake that's on the return line, it would put more fuel to the injectors.

Yes it was on Chuck's dyno. Not sure what you mean about a "load" dyno.

I think if you block your fuel return/pressure relief valve blocked, you can really damage your fuel system due to rail pressure spikes. You might want to check into that.

It really didn't change the rail pressure. I thought it would raise it alot, but its still around 6000 @ idle and max's out around 21K.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that if you plug the banjo bolt thats in the rear of the intake that's on the return line, it would put more fuel to the injectors.

Are you talking about the Fuel return on the back of the head? If so, that is a mistake!!

Call Todd at TCDiesel SOON or you will be rebuilding again SOON!

Do Not cap rail or block banjo bolts...

Upgrades you have a trans work you may be blowing through your convertor and all your hp is turning to heat in trans

Call Todd at TCDiesel SOON or you will be rebuilding again SOON!

Do Not cap rail or block banjo bolts...
Just talked to Todd, nice guy! He seems to think I'm at the limit for stock turbo, injectors, and fuel system.

And he told me to unblock the banjo bolt.

Just talked to Todd, nice guy! He seems to think I'm at the limit for stock turbo, injectors, and fuel system.

And he told me to unblock the banjo bolt.

Good man!!

Todd will steer you straight!

Fuel return plug is a no no. Hard on injectors and pump. Let alone the fuel will get hot as hell and that in itself will hurt power. I did a easy 445hp with a stock turbo and washer fluid mix a while ago.

Last edited:
Stock He351cw turbo's (which you have) have been pushed to 575 HP on a dyno. They can safely make 450 HP. With more tuning, such as stacking a TST, adding a pressure box, or running a hotter tune than what's currently installed in the Bullydog TD, you should be able to get really close to 500 HP.

Stock He351cw turbo's (which you have) have been pushed to 575 HP on a dyno. They can safely make 450 HP. With more tuning, such as stacking a TST, adding a pressure box, or running a hotter tune than what's currently installed in the Bullydog TD, you should be able to get really close to 500 HP.
I'd love to downlaod a CL tune into my BD, but I am retarded when it comes to the computer stuff.

Can get a link to see what a pressure box is?
What programmers can be "stacked" with the TD?

After talking with a few people, 450 is my new goal til I can pinch my pennies to do trans upgrades.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Not real good with the diesel's, if this was a gas motor I'd have a 300-400 shot going threw it!!!!! My race truck has roughly 700hp getting shoved to it threw a fogger and plate set-up.

Back