Looking at getting a golf or jetta TDI.

Saber123316

So looking to get one of these looks like a fun little car perfect for my needs.

from what I understand 200rwhp is not to hard to get out of them.

how reliable are these?

I absolutely Love my 02 Golf TDI 5 sp.....It's stock except for the ERG delete and having all the soot build up in the intake cleaned out...Rus a good bit better now...Billysgoat did it for me!! He did my timing belt , water pump, Serp. belt and all the rollers / tensioner....Only have 83K orig. miles..

My problem is that I want a race truck / toy so I can keep the Interceptor as this nice street / tow / occ. strip truck....Have thought about selling the Golf to get one, but really hate to....

They are fun cars and would Really be fun to mod, but I don't need something else to cost money all the time and break on occasion...So I'm keepin mine stock if I keep it....

I was looking at that exact combo the alh engine with a 5 speed.

there decently priced and easy enough to modify.

I know. I have seen the effects of EGR on a diesel motor. my 6.0's intake was coked right up. :(

Built properly, very reliable. There's a few things that have to be "fixed" though.

I just bought a 2000 beetle tdi yesterday with just over 100k on it. I saw it online. It's supposed to arrive here from TX later this week. I'm scared it's not in as good of shape as the guy said, but I guess I'll find out. I chose an automatic for bracket racing even though they have a very bad reputation. Mine is staying stock except or wheels, tires, 4'' lift kit, and a trailer hitch.. This car was bought so I could start attending races that are long distances from home without the wife yelling about fuel costs.. I used to arrive at the tracks with three trucks to race, now i'm arriving in a yellow beetle.. Marriage and the economy can sure change a guys ways.. :bang

Last edited:
I just bought a 2000 beetle tdi yesterday with just over 100k on it. I saw it online. It's supposed to arrive here from TX later this week. I'm scared it's not in as good of shape as the guy said, but I guess I'll find out. I chose an automatic for bracket racing even though they have a very bad reputation. Mine is staying stock except or wheels, tires, 4'' lift kit, and a trailer hitch.. This car was bought so I could start attending races that are long distances from home without the wife yelling about fuel costs.. I used to arrive at the tracks with three trucks to race, now i'm arriving in a yellow beetle.. Marriage and the economy can sure change a guys ways.. :bang

:hehe:

Well, at least you'll get to go!!!

Hope its what ya paid for !!! Get that Intake cleaned and EGR blocked asap!!!

Back