looking for 12v header flange

crackerman

I am looking for a 12v header flange
preferrably:
1/2" thick and one piece

mild or stainless doesnt matter

i dont like the idea of individual head pieces, but can work with those if needed.

I am not going to spend 300 bucks on a keating flange.

I will be building something different to try out an idea i have, that everyone says it "probably" wont work, yet few or none have tried.
and it will be in my 12v transplanted 73 chrysler wagon... that is still being built. No this is not the "last piece of the puzzle" to make it run, just something i can work on while i have the energy and drive to do so.

thanks

We covered this not too long ago and resulted in a bashing of the OP. I'll save you the bashing.... Give this guy a call. I got mine from him that turned out to be a 24v flange but he was extremely willing to cut me a 12v one if I gave him the dimensions of the port.

Engine Header Flanges

yes, the bashing was due to him being vague about his post.

will give him a call.
thanks

also, how much did it cost, and was it 3/8" or 1/2"?

Last edited:
ok, i cannot for the life of me find the 12v rectangular port dimensions on this site (thanks search) or sift through billions of google pages.

does anyone have them?

it will be a couple days before i can get the exh manifold pulled off of my spare head.

ahh dammit, i was searching dimensions... not diameter

and not 1st gen, just 12v..

thanks again BramanteCummins

I just typed in "cummins 12v exhaust port". Good luck on your manifold, they can be fun and a bastard to build!

Thank you for the follow up. I hope to get these into cutting within a few weeks. They will have to redraw our existing ones.

Thank You,
Chris Stepp
Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc.
3130 Fiechtner Drive South Unit A
Fargo, ND 58103
1-800-290-3920
701-356-9467
headers@rrt.net

my reply from them this afternoon on changing the 24v flange to 12v port dimension.
I will have updates on time and cost as soon as I know more.

FYI they are looking to turning the 12v flange into a part number, as the 24v one they have is also fairly common. once it is established, all they have to do is send it to be ran through the cutter with all the other flanges at the same time, reducing cost in the end, even though there might be a 3-5 week lead time if they are out of stock.

and i did also specify 1/2"

Pm sent. I called that stainless place almost two months ago and they drug their feet with no return calls back.

Back