Looking for a pre-fab processor that will make 2K gal per month

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I'm currently in the market for a pre-fab processor 'kit' that is capable of yielding a minimum of 500 gallons of bio every week and producing said amount over the course of a 4-5 day work week. I would like to hear any and all recommendations you might have!

At this point in the game I want to start with a plastic tank system not stainle$$. If successful the goal would be to replace it down the road with a stainless system.

For those making bio what are you currently paying for methanol and at what quantity? Are you picking it up for this price? I have submitted quotes to 3 of my biggest solvent/chemical suppliers and when I get them back I'll share in order to compare notes. In my situation methanol could be shipped along with a freight pre-paid (free) order of other solvents I need.

Thanks for the help!

What kind of trucks. I could give you a breakdown of what we are doing. About 1800 gallons of storage and we usually keep about 500 gal on hand. Simple setup but not pre fab. Oh and definatly not bio. Just a simple WVO system with cheaper additives.

What kind of trucks. I could give you a breakdown of what we are doing. About 1800 gallons of storage and we usually keep about 500 gal on hand. Simple setup but not pre fab. Oh and definatly not bio. Just a simple WVO system with cheaper additives.

One buddy who needs 1500 per month has 7.3's, some medium duty trucks and just bought an NPR with more to
come (he has a tree service and landscape company and he's a former big diesel mechanic so install isn't an issue). Also in the mix is an 03 and 06 6.0 and an 07 Duramax.

Stupid question: Does BioD fall under the Hazmat shipping guidelines of 1000# or more requires a Hazmat CDL license?

If not lets add 1000 more gal per month of output because I have a neighbor south of Atlanta who also has a tree service and if I can pull more than 2 drums at a time on my weekly trip home from Blairsville I'd like to get him in on this as well.

Andy, I am looking into this one, the dual system from FUelmeister.

Says 120 gallons a day capable with the dual system. About halfway down the page:

http://westtexasbioenergy.com/products.html

Appreciate the research and help.

I have a unique situation where a buddy needs a lot of fuel and will buy the equipment if I provide the space and operate it. We share the same community bank for our businesses and he said when I figure out what we need see the bank VP and get the money out of his account and just do it.

After yesterday we are in a proverbial WOS.:bang

I would stay away from the fuel mister and is derivatives. The plastic conical tank thing is not a good idea. For the quantities your looking to do, its going to be expensive, unless you willing to build it yourself. I sell the Biopro's but there biggest one is only 100 Gallons at a shot. You would need to run the machine all week(which is doable) to get the qantites your looking for, and even then yo would only be cranking out about 300-400 gallons every seven days.

about that big BIOPRO, how much draw does it have per cycle? running it all week sounds impractical since electricity is so expensive...I i could power the system with a diesel generator that ran on the bio I made that would be Ideal but I need to know how big of a generator.

about 3.00 a batch IIRC.. my 190 pulls only uses 25kWH so i assume the 380 is double that.

Back