Looking for feedback from anyone running Bosch Motorsport 50 HP injectors

JoshH

I searched quite a bit and didn't come up with exactly what I was looking for. I found a ton of discussion on Motorsport nozzles in 04.5 to 07 trucks, but most of that was less than helpful. Hopefully this hasn't been covered a million times before. I'm considering putting a set of these in an early 04 truck, and I was looking for some info from people who are running them. How do you like them? Are they quiet? Are they clean (at idle and under load)? Did you notice any change in fuel economy? Any concerns about driveability or anything like that? What turbo, tuning, other fueling or engine modifications are you running with them? Anything else you care to share about them? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I can't believe no one has any experience with these injectors.

Buddy was going to buy some for his 03 but couldn't find any useful info or experience on them either. Somebody somewhere has to have some experience with them. The price is too tempting for some to pass up.

Got a set of 100hp Bosch Motorsports full bodies in a customers 06. Good tuning plays a role in clean factor. But they were nice and quiet.

If I remember right, they are just a Marine injector. That happen to work perfectly in the automotive application as a performance injector. And being offered in the Marine replacment, they are brand new bodies. And have I "think" 126* spray pattern, more close to the early 03-04 spray pattern. But do work in the 325hp motors with less timing.

They have a 143° cone angle same as the factory '03-04, there is another sac type nozzle used for the later '04.5-07 bowl design that is 126° cone angle.

It looks like I will be getting a set to put in an early 04. I think they will work well. I'll post up my thoughts after I put them in if I do.

They have a 143° cone angle same as the factory '03-04, there is another sac type nozzle used for the later '04.5-07 bowl design that is 126° cone angle.

Thanks Weston, I couldn't remember the specifics.

I'm running a set of 50 horses in a 06. Truck runs great, quite, and runs clean. BTW, stock tuning.

I run them as well. I love them. As stated before me, they're quiet and run great. Truck is smooth from idle all the way up the rpm band and very clean. I run a smarty and 467/83/.90. I'm considering moving up to 100hp exergys, if so mine will be for sale.

Last edited:
Did any of you guys that have the injectors see much improvement in mpg's or power?

I run a set of 100hp motorsports, no issues.... they were noisy without tuning, with EFI, no issues and my mileage didn't change between stock to 100hp motorsports, noticed a difference in power

My buddy runs 'em on his '05. Got them from Bean's I believe. He loves them & the teuck runs great. Gets prty warm pulling cattle in the hills though & with a tuner they are def all the stock 351 wants.

I'm running some with stock tuning and a he351. I got an auto and if you lay into it around 2500rpm she smokes a bit. Just normal driving I do get a sooted bumper. Mine are from exergy and tic a bit. Little better throttle response out of them over my stock ones.

I'm running them... been in for about two weeks or so. Mine were about $2100 Run nice. Smoke a little when you get on it but I know I need to upgrade turbo now. Not really noticeable louder or not. My stock ones were getting harder to start. These start right up. If you read about the altered diesel they sell now compared to back in 03, you may want to add something to your fuel for lack of lube in the fuel. Some guys run 2 cycle oil, some run Power Clean.
I do just to keep them lasting longer. I'm cheap.

Im running in 100's, not a problem unless I hammer down. Have had them in a little over a week. Stock turbo funny thing is the run cooler by about 50deg them my stock with 317k, they are super quiet and smooth. I do I have line on a ported he351 which will go on in a few weeks.

Back