looking for new wastegate

doomsdaydiesel

hey i am trying to find a new wastegatefor my 2004 f350 it has a phatshaft turbo in it and i cant build boost past 38psi so i thought maybe it had to do with fuel and exhaust restriction i then put a elite diesel stage 1 cam, elite 255cc injectors and a banks exhaust. but all i got was alot more smoke and 2psi of boost now i know i should be able to make alot more boost than that so

does anyone know who makes a wastegate actuator to replace the one on the turbo, or builds an external waist gate that starts dumping at about 50 to 60 psi??

Which Phatshaft is it? You might not want to build more boost than that if it is going to push it out of its Map.

some turbos only build boost too the top of the map.. might be nothing you can do about it. just depends on how effecient the design was.
you could get rid of the wastegate like some of us on the 7.3s but you might be out of map and just building heat vs. power. but im not a 6.0 guy so not sure.

it is the 66 and from what i have found on it i should be able to push up to 70 psi and then after 70 it will start to load up the bearings and will burn them out. so i am looking at 60 psi to peak at, then if it burns out in a little i am fine with that. it is a track truck so a little trouble dosnt bother me.

:hehe: Dude, good luck getting 60PSI out of a silver 66 on a 6 leaker. Unless you give it a sh$tload of spray you shouldnt see anything near that. 45psi is way more realistic out of that turbo. And all you have to do is adjust the linkage rod on the wastegate to adjust your boost psi......no need to buy bigger injectors and a cam.....:bang

Naw just the same idiot asking all the questions....not too sure why he figured changing his screen name would change anything.....:bang

Back