looking for power estimates

A boost leak will not supply the afc with the needed boost it was tuned with.

Make sense ? I worked on a 175 pump truck that was doing the same thing- adequate fuel pressure, boost would only hit 30 or so psi with 4k springs and no plate with the afc all the loose, the egts would slowly climb to 1400 - truck would not even smoke unit I pulled the afc foot out. I wasnt trying to make it smoke I just couldn't figure out why adjustments were not changing much. Turned out the diaphram for the wastgate had a hole in it. The boost line that supplied the wastegate was sharing boost for the afc from a t in the line so the boost that made the afc work was leaking out of the hole in the wastgate plunger.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge ? Your lift pump is probably not keeping up. I threw a cheap 70$ pro comp 140gph on my truck. Fuel pressure stays between 45-50psi at wot

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge ? Your lift pump is probably not keeping up. I threw a cheap 70$ pro comp 140gph on my truck. Fuel pressure stays between 45-50psi at wot

I don't have a fuel pressure gauge, but I know I need one.

Thanks everybody for the info so far. ?

I would venture to guess high 400s for power and a mid 13 in the 1/4. I had a very similar setup previously in my 95. (64/74-14, 5x18s, 4K GSK, 024 DVs, and a cam and valve springs) made 518/907 in 3rd gear on a Dyno (never tried 4th for some reason) and ran 13.7 @107 in the 1/4 running in 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watched a truck with very similar setup do 493 last spring on compounds.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I finally got the truck back with a new lift pump. The original factory lift pump gave up on me. I also put a 366/480 set of compounds on it. Took it to the track tonight and it ran 12.017 at 114.88 on the only good pass I got in. I had a 1.847 60 foot time. I need to adjust the AFC because I think it was low on fuel. It really cleaned up and didn't smoke much at all. Anyway, I was pretty happy with that result considering I just got it back running and it needs some tuning. Not sure what it weighs but it's stock other than the motor mods, 1995 reg cab long bed 4x4 47rh.

IMG_2270.JPG

I'm pretty happy where the truck is right now, but I think it has more in it with just some tuning. It really clears up to just a haze at full throttle and the AFC is not at max fuel. I think I could go up on timing some too. The rotating assembly is stock though including the narrow-bowl stock pistons. It also has a little over 232k miles on the stock short block, so I may just leave it like it is for now. I don't want to push it any more and break it. Don't have the money to fix it right now if I break it. I could definitely make a faster pass just as it sits though by leaving harder and improving my 60 ft time. I left at about 17-18 pounds of boost and it actually bogged a little. I think it would stand leaving at 20-25 pounds.

nice time. I hope to be running similar times next season

Thank you. I'm planning on returning to the track soon. I'm going to do a little weight reduction, nothing big, may remove the rear bumper and passenger seat and anything else easy I can think of. Also going to try airing down my tires and leaving at higher boost to improve my sixty.

Good pass! I had to up my boost to 20psi on the launch with twins vs 15psi for a single. The small turbo doesn't react as quick. With a 60ft in the 1.70's you should be into the 11's by quite a bit ;)

Good pass! I had to up my boost to 20psi on the launch with twins vs 15psi for a single. The small turbo doesn't react as quick. With a 60ft in the 1.70's you should be into the 11's by quite a bit ;)

Thanks man! Definitely hoping to get into the 11s my next trip to the track. I also have a kind of small air filter on the setup. I'm going to remove the filter at the track and replace it with a wire mesh screen. Not sure the filter is holding it back any but it is a pretty small cone shaped filter.

Back