Looking into Twins...

Bing3r

I'm looking into possibly putting twins on my LMM. I'm wanting to utilize the stock turbo to begin with but possibly switch it out later down the road. I've read a bunch of different posts but not completely understanding any of it yet. 4094VGTs and an S475. None of this tells me inducer sizes or anything. What would y'all suggest?

The truck will mostly be daily driven, dyno queen, and 1/4 mile. It will be driven to the track, raced, and then driven home. Every once in a while it will be used to tow campers and trailers but that's not a majority of the time.

There is a lot more to a turbo then inducer size. The 4094s are either like a 68-71 mm inducer and the s475 has a 75mm inducer on the comp wheels ofcourse. PM me if you want.

if you are going to keep the stocker most use a 475 as the big brother. im not positive but I think most of the time its a big exhaust side like t6 1.32 A/R idk about the turbine size

s4xx/96/1.32 is most common, no wastegate needed for average setups that way. Duramax-specific forums will have more detailed info, also anyone that builds them.

Are you looking to build your own or purchase a kit? I'd go with an s475 or 480/96/1.32.

build your transmission, put 45% nozzles on, install a s475 over stock twin kit and keep money in your pocket. That is enough power to blow the factory motor and the factory cp3 will limit the power enough to keep it together until you get enough money to build the motor. What I stated is enough for 600-675 rwhp depending on your tuner.

Dustin Gullet (aka sickdiesel) had this set up on his LBZ crew cab 2wd and was running 12.1's. He said if he could do it again, that is what setup he would go with. Lots of fun, reliable and not a lot of money involved to get there compared to cracking a piston.

I'd honestly be looking to build my own kit, wife is wanting to buy a house next year so can't be dumping G after G into a daily driver like that. Built tranny will be the absolute toughest thing to convince the wife I need so I was thinking probably 4094 for awhile and keep the HP lower until I HAVE to build the tranny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I'd honestly be looking to build my own kit, wife is wanting to buy a house next year so can't be dumping G after G into a daily driver like that. Built tranny will be the absolute toughest thing to convince the wife I need so I was thinking probably 4094 for awhile and keep the HP lower until I HAVE to build the tranny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

IMHO, until you build the tranny, anything other than a lift pump and a good tune is pissing in the wind.

Back