Looking to upgrade factory turbo

noobbuilder

Hey guys since i had no luck in my last thread i will try one in here. I have a 07 LMM Duramax and its currently having fits iam thinking its the turbo positioning sensor as it will build to 20lbs boost then it sounds like its got a waste gate and its set wrong because it after hitting 20 it instantly drops to 13ish and hisses very loudly. SO basically what iam saying is i would like an upgrade to get away from the variable vane turbo but that is far as i have come with my decision, iam not sure which way to turn in getting a fixed turbo. Iam wanting atleast factory spool characteristics but would prefer faster and more boost. I like the looks of the Garrett line of ball bearing turbos but iam unsure of which size is the one i need. Iam open to any suggestions.:st:

I would also like to add i have 5" turbo back exhaust, egr delete, EFI live tuning, and Banks intake. I am also looking at replacing trans and torque converter with the PPE stage 4 kit any reasons why this wouldnt be a good choice.

Ok i did alittle research on Garretts website and doing the formulas for choosing a turbo i came up with a GTX4202R But of course i didnt have a dyno reading on what my pickup was stock so i used what i wanted for a goal which was 650hp. Is there any reason that this turbo wouldnt work for what iam trying to achieve?

Thanks for the comment that was what i was looking for but havent been getting any bites i was wanting some advice from people that have already done the upgrade.

How is the spool and boost capabilities of the s366 would be a faster spool and more boost than stock? Also should i get with one with water cooling as i believe the stock one is and also the GTX line of garretts is there really an advantage to it
?

Do yourself a giant favor and go join DuramaxDiesels.com.

CompD is full of badass tech, most of which does not apply to newcomers of diesel performance or duramax performance in general.

Go to DD, start a thread describing your plans for the truck and power goal, and within an hour you'll know what direction to head.

Call mark at Danville or fleece performance. Either shop will lead u in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had this problem with my lbz. If your out of town while it goes out, unplug the sensor, it'll run 100% better, it'll get ya home anyway.

Back