Loss of power

MufflerBearing

Recently i have been having issues when trying to accelerate it feels like a turd and the rail psi is down around 10k will come up slowly and then drop and come back then eventually will take off but rail psi is not as high as it used to be under WOT. This is driving me crazy, any help is appreciated. i figured the filter may be dirty as it was on for about 10k miles so i put a new mopar or wix filter in cant remember now. seemed to help slightly but it is really getting bad now, i need to drive on my "performance" tune so i cant get out of my own way. not throwing any codes. tried to read some logs with efi but im not the best with it.

Truck details
07.5 6.7
CSP5 from starlite
T4 stainless S467.7
grid heater relocated to glacier intake horn.
H&S rail shim's
100% stock fuel
truck just hit 104K miles.
i think that's about all.

Anyone ever have these symptoms?

Thanks, Chris

Check desired rail pressure vs. actual rail pressure.

Check desired rail pressure vs. actual rail pressure.

I did that and watched the graph, actually when I did the log I was sitting at my shop trying to figure it out. All looked pretty close, I'll try and do a log tomorrw.
i checked tps and all that good stuff all that checks out, at first i thought i might have had a dead spot in the pedal but after driving more it does it all over.

is the rail return plugged? mabe a weakened return valve?

i see you have rail shims, mabe try a stock rail plug or a blockoff and see if its better.

Last edited:
Get a log of you can, I'd say you will see that when actual rail is getting pulled down to 10k the desired will still be where it's being demanded. most common problems I find for a rail leak are relief valve, leaking crossover tubes, and lastly lift pump.

Get a log of you can, I'd say you will see that when actual rail is getting pulled down to 10k the desired will still be where it's being demanded. most common problems I find for a rail leak are relief valve, leaking crossover tubes, and lastly lift pump.

yeah i was kind of thinking maybe my lift pump or cp3 may be on its way out.
i dont believe i have a rail leak or crossover tube leak as i smell no fuel anywhere in the engine bay and all is dry. I could be wrong tho.

is the rail return plugged? maybe a weakened return valve?

i see you have rail shims, maybe try a stock rail plug or a block off and see if its better.

if the rail plug was weak wouldn't it let it be constant rather then intermittent

Most crossover tube leaks happen at the injector to tune seal so it just cause extra returns...nothing to see or smell. Usually won't be crossover tube issues unless someone has been in there...removed lines, changed injectors....

I have seen rail relief valves be intermittent but in theory you wouldn't think so.

Most crossover tube leaks happen at the injector to tune seal so it just cause extra returns...nothing to see or smell. Usually won't be crossover tube issues unless someone has been in there...removed lines, changed injectors....

I have seen rail relief valves be intermittent but in theory you wouldn't think so.

Yeah, nothing has be touched as far as connector tubes. i had the lines of a few years ago when i did the grid heater delete plate. this all started a few months ago and is getting worse. just havent had anytime to really play with it, and i dont drive it very much due to having a company truck. hopefully i can do a log with it tomorrow and see what it says. really dont want to have to add any aftermarket parts. Just need it to tow the puller around.

Thanks for the help!

I did a few logs on here, I'm not seeing much, anyone care to look over them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok to bring this thing back, still having issues with power loss, talked to the guys at fleece, they suggested a new fca, all that did was improve throttle response slightly. I'm at a loss.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back