Louder Stereo; More Volume Needed!

D45

Ok, I would like a tad more sound out of my setup and I am considering three options:

1) Add an amp to power my door speakers
2) Add a dual sub enclosure under the rear seat; MTX
3) Add a single sub enclosure under the rear seat; Q-Logic

Which should I consider and why?

Here is my current setup:

Clarion DXZ585USB CD Deck
21 watts RMS
53 peak x 4 channels

-----------------------------------------

Rear Door Speakers:
Polk Audio db651s
-Design 2-way
-Tweeter Design 3/4" Dome
-Tweeter Composition Silk/Polymer composite
-Woofer Composition Polymer/Mica composite
-Woofer Surround Butyl Rubber
-Sensitivity 92 dB at 1 volt
-Frequency Response 50 - 22k Hz
-MS Power Range (Watts) 6-55
-Peak Power Handling (Watts) 165
-Impedance (Ohms) 4

-----------------------------------------

Front Door Speakers:

Alpine SPR-69C; 6" x 9"
-RMS Power Range : 2-100 Watts
-Peak Power Handling: 300 Watts
-Hybrid layered-pulp woofer with rubber surround
-1" swiveling silk ring-dome tweeter
-Frequency response: 60-27,000 Hz
-Sensitivity: 89 dB

------------------------------------------

I am not looking to enter any competitions or blow the glass out, just something that will sound louder and better and will work with my current setup.

Just go pick whatever 4 channel amp you like and up the power to the doors.
50-75 watts per channel will be fine considering your head unit really makes maybe 10 per channel at best.
Those 6x9's up front may give you the bass you want once you get some power on them.
If not...then add a sub or 2 and another amp.

When I added a 700-5 JL amp it made a world of difference to my speakers. Also added W1's with it.

What is a decent brand amp to go with, nothing junk and nothing too crazy expensive

I've always had good luck with RF's and they usually come certified so you know what you're buying is what you're getting. They can be pricey and they don't work the best for all set-ups but I think they would work for yours.

Just an update.......I am getting a dual underseat bo,two 12s, a 1000W amp, and a 4 channel 300W amp installed this Saturday

Which subs and which amps.....

Must be careful with ratings. That 1000w amp may really be 600, and that 300w 4 channel may be 150-240.

Look at the rms rating, or tell us the fuse size and we can tell you what it puts out.

Dual rear under seat sub box installed

Two Kicker 12" CVT subs

Hifonics HFI1000.10 Amp for the Subs

Alpine 300W four channel amp for the door speakers
-Apline 6x9 front doors
-Polk 6.5s rear doors

I have a bass dial installed on the lower left hand corner of the dash, near the OBD II port

For $1000, I am VERY pleased with the results.........nice and simple, and overall a huge improvement in sound quality and volume

Hopefully they got ya the 2 ohm version of those subs to make the most of your amp.

Be careful with the "bass dial" as well. It could be a remote gain, which could cause clipping and cook your subs.

Back