Low Boost/ High Back pressure

cranked_dodge

Diesel Pro
What would be the cause of a drop in boost on our race truck. we have lost about 25lbs of boost and have gained it back in back pressure.

We are running the same setup as last year so nothing new has changed there.

Valves are not bent nor are the pushrods. Engine starts up and runs fine and idles fine.

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be great, even a starting palce to look.

Turbos both look good as well.

Its the wastegates on the Industrial Race twins and racing at Medicine Hat so no issues there with altitude.

Cracked Intercooler or boost leak may be a possibility.

Would electrical issues cause this as well? I am having a voltage draw on my truck and it causes the truck to run rough. Would this be causing this problem?

possible,,,, not likely, but you should fix that , that could cause you to not get full RPM..... I am leaning towards the wastegates....

sounds like a boost leak, especially if wastegates are boost-referanced.. $.02

Restriction or blockage in the intercooler. Just a thought that would cause both issues. I assume open exhaust. Someone leave a rag in the line?? Just my 2 cents!

No rags in there that was one of the first things we checked, I am checking for a boost leak/cracked intercooler today, and the wastegate works fine on the turbo.

The wastegate could be working fine, but if it changed settings it could do that,, do you have a gauge between stages?

Yeah and the gauges are saying the same they always do.

I actually dug into it a little more and found that the wastegate on the top turbo would hold air for a bit but when I kept pressuring it up it finally started to bleed off into atmosphere. Then it kept leaking so I'm thinking that may be where the problem was.

Back