low launch rpm

ehines218

whenever I try to launch say if Im at the strip or trying to do a burnout the truck revs to 1500ish rpm and wont go any farther. I have a low stall converter from phil at dpc but when I spoke with him that was supposed to stall at 19-2000 rpm not 1500.

It's because you're too low to build boost. Think of the stall speed as a rubber band. If you're not building boost, and you are making very low HP because of this, you can only stretch the rubber band to 1500rpm. If you can get into boost and start making hp, you can stretch the rubber band to 1900-2000rpm typically.

I too have a low stall TC and I found that if I slowly roll on the throttle, I can get it to build boost. If I just mash it, I can't a lot of times. I'm not racing for money, so reaction time doesn't matter to me. I'd rather have a good launch.
(Actually, that was only an issue when I lived in CO, now in MN she lights pretty quick!)

This is rolling in. I've tried pulling fuel I've tried adding fuel I can not get above 10 psi. Could it possibly be torque management

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The later 2000's also have the torque management. By the description, it sounds like it needs a BD RAD (now called a speed eliminator).

Yep, BD Rad fixed it for me. I could never build more than 10psi before that.

I have one but don't want to cut all the wires. I have a manual valve body and will be going to a manual pcm which should get rid of all torque management if I remember correctly

I have one but don't want to cut all the wires. I have a manual valve body and will be going to a manual pcm which should get rid of all torque management if I remember correctly

I've never heard of that, I like that much more than the BD Rad.

I've never heard of that, I like that much more than the BD Rad.

You would lose all automatic transmission function. Rad box is still the best bang for your buck to get rid of tm. Past that.....ppump.

You would lose all automatic transmission function. Rad box is still the best bang for your buck to get rid of tm. Past that.....ppump.

What function is there? He's going manual VB so he'll be controlling R,N,1,2,3,OD, and Lock Up.

Jlbayes I got a manual valve body for a reason

ha ha sorry for making confusion. Sounds like the manual PCM flash is the best thing for a MVB setup! No defuelling or torque management.

Back