Low power/ boost etc, confused, need help

zukgod1

Old fart
07 5.9 truck with a 6.7 swap. Running 5.9 electronics.
Just had the engine completely rebuilt. 20 over pistons, Hamilton Street cam, Hamilton springs. Rotating assy balanced, all new valves etc. Glacier Diesel intake, grid heater delete, ARP 625's. 3500 miles on it.
Brand new Bosch injectors, just got them back from Industrial today after being punched out to 200hp.
48re new, triple converter Goerned VB.

62/65/14 over a S475, I realize this is a bit small for a 6.7 but for the towing I do I believe its perfect. No racing just pulling a 20 car hauler around the county.
Not the stock intercooler either, all the boots are new clamps and all.

EFI Live, Anarchy tune. (tuning in process)
I've not had the chance to drive it much the last week or so Phil has not been able to get any info from me for tuning.
The issue; before the injectors though it ran really smooth if I was loaded and I pushed the skinny peddle I would not see more then 40 psi. Saw 43 once unloaded up a small hill.
EGT's will hit 1700deg if I stay in it.

Now with the injectors in there (unloaded) and I roll into it after the converter locks it will hi 40 fast then stops, lots of smoke at first, it will clean up bt not enough.
Yes I'm using analog gauges.
Drive pressure it about 65 psi at 40 boost when I'm on it.

Now my first reaction was a boost leak, double checked EVERY connection.
Nothing.

Power wise, I rode in a 06 5.9 truck with a 64 over a 480 and it was night and day difference. I mean if you drive that truck then drive mine you would think mine was stock.

What should I be looking for here? I just feel lost at this point. :nail:

Another bit of info. Before the build I was running a silver 66 and boost was the same at 40 psi.

EDIT*** Rail pressure (after injectors) on the Race tune will drop to 12k then recover. Street tune it holds at 20k.

Last edited:
So shouldn't I see more boost?
The 475 all alone should push what I need no? I mean historically a undersized tubo with gobs of fuel will boost till it blows and yet I'm not getting boost.

Just something to check.
My truck, an 05 would fall on its face at load. More that 1/2 throttle and above 2500. Everything check ok.

Then I found the electric fan clutch was bad and replaced it.
Power is back! I was told the fan failure caused the ECM to defuel, which is what it did. Rail pressure dropped when this was going on.

What does the rail recover to on the race tune. 12K is very low when you roll into the throttle. Sounds like one problem may be not enough pump or a leak in the system. Drive is pretty high for that boost, the gate on the 62 may not be opening or may not be able to bypass enough drive to get the primary spinning. Do you have a boost gauge on the primary? Data logs will help us to determine what is going on and since you are on CSP you will not need a laptop just the autocal to do that.

Just something to check.
My truck, an 05 would fall on its face at load. More that 1/2 throttle and above 2500. Everything check ok.

Then I found the electric fan clutch was bad and replaced it.
Power is back! I was told the fan failure caused the ECM to defuel, which is what it did. Rail pressure dropped when this was going on.

I don't think it's de-fueling
. The smoke coming out the tail pipe is flat embarrassing. Big time.
Something to check though never know.

What does the rail recover to on the race tune. 12K is very low when you roll into the throttle. Sounds like one problem may be not enough pump or a leak in the system. Drive is pretty high for that boost, the gate on the 62 may not be opening or may not be able to bypass enough drive to get the primary spinning. Do you have a boost gauge on the primary? Data logs will help us to determine what is going on and since you are on CSP you will not need a laptop just the autocal to do that.

I switched to the Tow tune in the drive home. If I roll into it and hold it it drops to 14k, I didn't dare watch it honestly speed was just too fast.
Drive pressure is 60psi and boost is just over 40psi.

I really should probably hold off on anything till Monday when Phil gets back to revamp the tune.
I'm sure the 200's are screwing with the tune.
I'll have to run some logs do he can see what's happening.

However I'm open to suggestions.

It does seem strange to me that with a larger secondary and larger injectors that I'm not seeing more boost.
I mean I'm not the only one running this size compounds on a 6.7.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Is this on a 120k stock cp3??? Im having issues with my arson 3 feeding 120s on a 120k pump. I'd be willing to bet a case of beer you need a built pump/duel fuelers. Hell I'd bet a keg on it.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

Is this on a 120k stock cp3??? Im having issues with my arson 3 feeding 120s on a 120k pump. I'd be willing to bet a case of beer you need a built pump/duel fuelers. Hell I'd bet a keg on it.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

CP3 has 45k on it.

Not doubting you at all though.

The only reason I've not done a duel fuel kit is because I have a Jake Brake that's ran by a vac pump right on top of the stock CP3. Looks like it may not work if I go duel CP3's.

Anyone running 2 pumps with a Jake Brake?

Do some data logs and send them to me. I am the one that does the tuning, Phil is our sales/tech support guy. I have ended up not being able to go to scheid so I will be around today and this weekend, email is anarchydiesel@gmail.com. If you are dropping rail that bad we are overcommanding fuel or there is a leak in the system. a stock pump will not support 100hp nozzles with a big tune so there is no doubt that you are draining the rail.

Do some data logs and send them to me. I am the one that does the tuning, Phil is our sales/tech support guy. I have ended up not being able to go to scheid so I will be around today and this weekend, email is anarchydiesel@gmail.com. If you are dropping rail that bad we are overcommanding fuel or there is a leak in the system. a stock pump will not support 100hp nozzles with a big tune so there is no doubt that you are draining the rail.

Haven't done any logging previously so I'll have to read up what needs to be done then I'll get them sent off to you.
Thanks for the reply.

What year injectors are you useing, Should be the 03-04 style if you have a 6.7 piston.

They are the correct 03-04 injectors.

Since you are on CSP you can just plug the autocal into the truck select scan tool and then record data. It will do the rest, just press previous when you are done and it will save the log file.

Just run the 75 as a single with a t4 turbine housing. Running a t3 manifold is not the answer. You need t4.

Just run the 75 as a single with a t4 turbine housing. Running a t3 manifold is not the answer. You need t4.

I need to drive the truck still man.

Towing with a 66 was crappy I can't imagine what it would be like with a 75.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Back