Low Rail Pressure?

Striper

Wildlife Tormenter
Lately I have been seeing lower RP cruising the colder it gets outside. Today it was in the 20's and RP cruising was only 7-8k. 30-40* temp I will see 8-9k psi. If it gets over 45*, I will see around 13k psi. This is only a problem cruising. At WOT, I can still see 26k.

I have tried swapping out the FCA as well as a fuel additive with no luck. I have also unhooked my Dr.P with no luck either. I have 165,XXX miles on the truck with 2 micron filtration for the last 50k miles.

Has anyone else had this problem. Is it time for a new pump?

I am using the Quad Commander. Have they been known to have problems with bad readings? If it was giving low readings all of the time, I would think that it might be the gauge but as the outside air temp increases, the RP consistently increases. The truck does seem a little more responsive when I have the higher RP while cruising.

I notice my rail pressure is lower when its cold. So im guessing its the ecm telling the cp3 to give it less fuel just my opinion

I notice my rail pressure is lower when its cold. So im guessing its the ecm telling the cp3 to give it less fuel just my opinion

A few other people have reported the same thing from another site. Seems like everyone has an 03. So if the ECM was the culprit, anyone have an idea why it is demanding less fuel?

Back