low throttle surging

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
truck surges at light throttle applications, mostly when the motor is cold, I dont drive fast at all, symptoms are best described as the following. As i drive it, with very little throttle the tach jumps from 1000-1300 rpms and back down, i leave the throttle in same position and it does that till the truck picks up enough speed on its own to grab second gear. If i take off harder, lets say RPMS shoot up past 1500 or so, the truck does not do this at all.. When the truck is warmed up to normal operating temperature, it still does it, just not as much as when the motor is cold...

After the search functions, i have ruled out the trans being a culprit, i had both solenoids repalced less than 10K miles ago, and new fluid, plus the trans shifts well in all modes provided you take off fast enough...

I am needing to check the FCA, and the MAP sensor, stupid questions and lack of time at the moment lead me to ask this.. ONe where is the map sensor on my truck? and two, the FCA as well.. pics will certainly help please...

second if they can be cleaned, what do i use to clean them? Remember im a 12v guy wanting to go back to a 12v..

OH on edit, the motor throws no codes whatsoever, and the TTVA on the bottom of trans has a good solid clean connection...

third, is this the part number for an FCA?

5183245AA

and finally, is there a way to check both to make sure that they are still good? I mean after 200K miles im assuming one or the other has gone bad...

where is the best source to find these parts should i need to replace them?

TYIA..

Last edited:
Back