Lowering Front Springs

rollerink

I have been reading a lot about guys lowering their truck by using 4800# springs and removing the rear block and overload spring. The 4800# spring they use has a past number of 5C34-5310-AFB Code V. When I have searched for this spring it always comes up as a 05 and up F250.

My question is with the 4800# spring work for my 2003 2wd F250 or is there another 4800# spring for my year truck?

nope,
In 05 they went to coil spring and control arms, you have a leaf spring truck...
Axle flip it or swap suspension over from 05 plus...

I bet ya he doesn't have leaf springs on a 2wd.

This/\ 2 wheel drive models have coils. I think about the only thing you could do is go to a gasser spring with a lighter front axle GVW and see how it sits. But Ford uses a lot of the same parts between 3/4 and 1 ton so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same spring. But you could also cut a loop out of the springs you have as well and get the ride height you want.

Last edited:
I know guys that swap to the 5.4 engine coils or I even know some people who have cut their own springs down to get what they wanted.

PM Unbroken. He had his truck lowered. Now they may have been custom but he can point you the right direction.

Thanks for the help. I was thinking that a gasser spring is probably the way to go.

Back