LP fuel gauge install, help please...

Big Calo

I have a friend that want me to help him install some gauges on his '01 LB7. I've done a lot of gauges before, but on Fords only. We have the boost and EGT already done, but I cant figure out where to put the sending unit for the fuel pressure. The only thing I have seen so far is to put together some special fittings, and put it where the bleeder valve/plug is.

Is that right, or is there a better option? Anyone have any pictures?

They are Glowshift gauges, if that makes a difference.

IIRC, there is no pressure on the fuel lines. The CP3 draws its own fuel from the tank.

Now for the Glow$hit gauges, they are ok but not something I would have on a hot rig.

It's just a stock truck, with a tune. So he needs to swap out the low pressure gauge for one that will read rail pressure? I think Glowshift has one that will read it.

They have one that will tie into the harness I think. I know they don't have one that screws into the rail.

Assuming your LP means lift pump or low pressure..... that gauge isn't necessary on a dury unless he's added a lift pump.... they're not installed as a factory item. If you're referring to the high pressure side, I wouldn't waste the time or money if its a stock-ish truck.

If he's dead set on gauges that read all that stuff, buy an Edge CTS. I had one for gauge purposes only.....it'll throw more info at you than you'll care to comprehend.

Back