LPHV fuel pump swap for VE ?

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
What engine did these come off of? I may have one sitting on one of these cummins engines I have.

Low pressure piston pump? 4BT.

Look up The Hungry Diesel. He takes the p-pump lift pump and adds one of 3 different kinds of springs for various pressures. He uses the p-pump style because it's a bigger bore. His whole kit is less than the low pressure piston pump alone from Cummins. He's a good guy and great service.

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

Really..... I happen to have several of these lift pumps. So he swaps out the springs for softer spring and then it wont damage a ve pump?

Rumor has it the stock front pump seal become unreliable after 20psig. Some have modified/fabricated seal retainers. I've read some have inlet pressures well above 20psig (up to 60?).

It seems stock/OEM supply is around 8psig @ idle (with the stock/OEM diaphragm style pump.

My heap once managed a 12.67/103 @ 6400lbs with 18ish psig.

Rumor has it the stock front pump seal become unreliable after 20psig. Some have modified/fabricated seal retainers. I've read some have inlet pressures well above 20psig (up to 60?).

It seems stock/OEM supply is around 8psig @ idle (with the stock/OEM diaphragm style pump.

My heap once managed a 12.67/103 @ 6400lbs with 18ish psig.
Can someone show/explain this seal retainer mod?:pop:

I blue LOC TITE mine. Another made a retainer out of AL and made the hole just bigger than the pump shaft. It went over the shaft and had 3 short (#4 I think) flat head machine screws.

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

Back