LPM injector equivalent

Cam73

Hey guys-
A friend has a set of injectors off a 97 that have been extrude honed to 46 lpm and the pop pressures raised slightly for sale.

I've searched all over and have found very little info comparing lpm to hole # X hole size or a HP rating. I either see very low lpm numbers or stuff in the 50s and up.

Can anyone shed some light on this system of rating or give me an idea of what I'm looking at? Thanks

Two ways people do it, #1 Air #2 Hyd flow, I as well as Bosch prefer hyd flow #'s. Hyd Flow is a much lower number thats not impressive to someone looking a liters per minute. I cant help you with hone size and lpm air flow sorry. Extrude Hone usually uses % over like say a stock 5x.009 50% wich should increse hone size 50% larger. Ive also seen Extrude Hone title an injector by how much wieght of material it must flow in a given time.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I came a across a post that said many of the commonly used marine injectors were in that same flow range. I'm looking for something a little bigger.

I'm not sure exactly who did the work but I know holes were chased w/ media vs edm. No % type numbers provided though.

Back