M and J Tool Transmissions?

nateman

Have anyone heard of M and J Tool Transmissions? I found out about him from stainless diesel, and heard he builds the strongest transmissions around. Built to handle 1500+ ponies (builds for sled pullers mostly) . I'm just curious if anyone has dealt with them and what their experience was.

Why dont you look at our vendors who build tranny's. Some of the best in the buisness

I have looked at the vendors, but I was just curious about M&J. I'm actually looking for my dad, who is looking to get a 1000+ hp trans soon. Hes not interested in pulling, just making 10s passes. Anyone you reccommend?

I have looked at the vendors, but I was just curious about M&J. I'm actually looking for my dad, who is looking to get a 1000+ hp trans soon. Hes not interested in pulling, just making 10s passes. Anyone you reccommend?

Goerend

I would not recommend Mike at M&J Transmission if you ever want to have any kind of customer service with your trans. Or even want the person who is/was building your trans to answer the phone. I would talk to Tim Barber at TRE Diesel. 757-831-7451

Rick

I would not recommend Mike at M&J Transmission if you ever want to have any kind of customer service with your trans. Or even want the person who is/was building your trans to answer the phone. I would talk to Tim Barber at TRE Diesel. 757-831-7451

Rick

I like his shafts/converter alot but getting him to answer is a problem alot of the times. I'm guessing you had a bad experience?

I like his shafts/converter alot but getting him to answer is a problem alot of the times. I'm guessing you had a bad experience?

Me? No, I was never dumb enough to fall for his B.S., I have seen lots of people fall for his dog and pony show, and end up S.O.L. at the end of the day.

Something about the first time I met him rubbed me the wrong way. Sitting at dinner with my wife and he walked up to me and said "Is that your black truck out there? You NEED to run my parts, they are far more impressive than anything else out there. " I did not care for that. I do agree that me makes a pretty impressive converter and shafts, but it is not worth it at the expense of Customer Service.

Rick

I've got one of Mike's trannies. Converter, input, intermediate, output, and all the little internal stuff that goes in them. This trans has been put through living hell and I think a time or 2 it actually said "B!tch please, give me more". Hands down good stuff by Mike but like everyone else has said, his customer service is lacking majorly. I took him my converter just to get gone through when I spun my rod bearing back in July and I just finally got my converter back the last week of October and missed nearly all of pulling season because of him. And that was with me stopping at his shop 2-3 times a week because I'm within driving distance and calling almost every day. He actually even had the balls to tell me to stop calling because he would get to it when he would get to it. Take it for what it is as I'm kind of stuck with the trans now but next time I start fresh I will be going with a TRE trans.

I've got one of Mike's trannies. Converter, input, intermediate, output, and all the little internal stuff that goes in them. This trans has been put through living hell and I think a time or 2 it actually said "B!tch please, give me more". Hands down good stuff by Mike but like everyone else has said, his customer service is lacking majorly. I took him my converter just to get gone through when I spun my rod bearing back in July and I just finally got my converter back the last week of October and missed nearly all of pulling season because of him. And that was with me stopping at his shop 2-3 times a week because I'm within driving distance and calling almost every day. He actually even had the balls to tell me to stop calling because he would get to it when he would get to it. Take it for what it is as I'm kind of stuck with the trans now but next time I start fresh I will be going with a TRE trans.
Damn that's shıtty service!

Thanks for the replys guys. It seems like quite a few like Tim at TRE. I have never personally dealt with him, but I've heard some good things from a few people. I'll check out his trans units. Its suprising how so many businesses just ignore customer service, like thier business is so prized that they dont need to have customer service. Since I and my old man have DDs, I need someone with good customer service and some sort of a warranty. And for you guys talking about shafts in the wrong context, I'm referring to Daily Drivers when I say DD, not DD ta tas. Haha, sorry to ruin the fun.

Back