M&H Drag Radials Warning:

Kat

Married to Mr Big Mouth
We had a customer who recently exploded a 275/60-16 M&H drag radial on the street, and we exploded one using it as an emergency spare to get to the next off ramp in Utah.

I would not recommend running these on the street except for short distances. Make sure you run them at correct max pressure if you do. If you see a lump forming on the tread, or get vibration from the tire, discard it.

We have taken these tires up to 128mph at the track many times, and have run them on a 6800lb truck with no issues. They are excellent drag tires. But sustained freeway speeds might overheat them and cause ply separation.

Thanks for the info. @ 124mph traps I think Ill check ours.

Have you tried with the Nitto brand of drag radial? I ask because I've had decent luck with the same size Nitto on the street for extended use (2+ hour trips). Am I just lucky?

We have worn several sets of Nitto 555R's down to the cord over the years, and taken them up past 175 on cars, as well as AutoX'd them. They are EXCELLENT tires, and I just wish they made a size we could use. They are very good street/strip tires.

Arg. I tried to talk Nitto into a 30+-inch drag radial a year or so ago, and they always said it was "in the works."

Back