Machine shop in South Texas ?

QMFB

Fastest Welder in Texas
I have been trying to find a machine shop that can Torque Plate Hone my block, and lighten, champer and Ballance my rotating assembly to 5,000rpm... I'm in Corpus Christi and was hoping to find a shop within a days drive. Made contact with 7-8 shops between here, San Antonio and Houston with no luck yet. Have emails out to another half dozen shops with no responses over this last week.
Anyone know a good place ? Or am I gonna have to palletize my stuff and send it cross country ?
All help / suggestions are appreciated !?

You may call Taylor Manning (TMoney on here)and see who he uses. The balancing isnt a big deal, someone having a torque plate will be hard to find.

Roger's Precision Machine off Agnes in Corpus wasn't interested? He's the best around there but last time I took a block over he was mostly working on welding machines

Yeah old man Rogers is who did all the work on my welding machines. He closed up shop last year.

Have you tried Kotzur out of San Antonio?

Last edited:
Kotzur ? The name hasn't even piped up in my searching... I'll see if I can find them. Thanks.

It'll be Kotzur Racing Heads in Shertz. They're kinda hard to get aholt of sometimes, but they do have an answering machine to leave a message.

Last time I checked with them, they had decent pricing on balancing and what not. Hopefully they haven't blown up their prices lol

Yeah there are a few shops that say they can spin pretty fast for balancing. But the Torque Plate Hone is what seems to be so hard to find... I talked to a local waterjet company today about possibly just making my own torque plate. Wonder how hard it would be to get the spec's for one ? Centerline spacing, thickness, best material grade, etc... ?

It may be a long way, but I really like Mark's Machine Shop and Engine Parts in Beaumont,TX.

Yeah Beaumont is a solid 8 hour drive... As long as I totally ignore the speed limits. Lol !

I think I might just take the head gasket to the waterjet guy and have him scan those measurements into his CAD... See how much it would cost. All I would have to do is check the boneyard at work for a single piece of plate big enough, and thick enough... Stainless Steel might be nice, lol.

I thought at one point in time you could just rent one from Keating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parks engine service in seguin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about Keating renting them. I know they sell them, but the price plus tax and shipping is close to a grand... Just got off the phone with Parks Engine. It's a no go. Gonna call Kotzur next. Forgot to try them this morning.

Call the guys at tsd and see who's the best around.

I actually considered that yesterday, lol... Couldn't get anyone to answer the phone at Kotzur. Left a message. Still no response.

I actually considered that yesterday, lol... Couldn't get anyone to answer the phone at Kotzur. Left a message. Still no response.
Yeah. Been there done that. Much happier at Parks. He has done the engines for some of the best trucks around this area.

Parks said he can o-ring / fire ring, Ballance, flycut, etc... But no Torque Plate. Seems like if they are in the habit of working on higher performance Cummins engines, they would invest the $1,000 in a torque plate ? Heck, I'm a welder by trade, and even I'm considering buying a Torque Plate that I might only ever use 2-3 times in my lifetime....

Buy one for Parks and maybe y'all can cut a deal if you leave it with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back