Machine shops

Cozze44

Junkman
Just wondering if anyone knows of any reputable machine shops near me, 18091. Called a couple places, and as soon as I say diesel, they either freak and say its to big, or the price goes through the roof, like $350 to line hone my mains. I thought that was to high. Any one have experience with a shop that's reasonable and not to bad of a turn around time?

Hta in weissport does all my stuff. He does a lot of diesel work in the area. Does all my 6.0 heads and just picked up my 4b parts tonight form him

You do have to keep in mind it is still a diesel, it is still bigger than most the stuff any gasser shop is use to so it's still going to cost more.

Just a thought, Try calling East Coast Diesel and ask them for a reference. They're not all that far from you.

Just a thought, Try calling East Coast Diesel and ask them for a reference. They're not all that far from you.

Didn't think of that... However, a local guy gave me a number to a shop that says its no problem, so I'll see how he goes.

What are ou looking to get done? Kressley just cut and tapered my pistons, o-ringed the block and rebuilt and ported and polished the head no problems. Balanced the assembly also.

Go to Teasdale machine in Jonestown Pa, he just did all my machine work. Hes very very anal about his work. Tell him Troy Wert sent you

I have a bottom end at UCF Machine in Carlisle PA. It's 3 hours from me but good to deal with.

Just noticed you were close I'm over in snydersville. Would be nice to have a closer machine ship for diesels.

Precision Engine
2056 Mountain Rd, Stroudsburg, PA 18360
(570) 629-6300

Owners name is Keith Elliot. He did all the machine work on my 12V. Balanced the bottom end, crank, rods, and punched the cylinders .020. Total bill was under $1200. Heck of a good guy to deal with. Buddy of mine also sent a 12V and 24V there to get rebuilt.

Back