Mad Dog 47RE Build x 2 4x4

Ram Cummins Rob

Learning is great. My excuse for being so slow to do something.
Not high HP builds, just a want 2 very tough, tough 4x4 slush boxes.
Going with a local tranny builder, doing due diligence on quality parts.
1. GM solenoid
2. Output shaft
and please note credit to Firepunk.com for putting up a comprehensive list of key ingredients that I cut and pasted:
Street/Track (47 or 48-series Dodge Transmission)

Billet Input Shaft
Billet DPC Heavy Duty Triple disc converter (Lifetime Warranty)
Competition Master Kit (includes added clutches in Direct drum and in OD Brake. OD direct clutch modification and oversized HD 2nd gear band)
Billet Servo
Billet Strut
Billet Anchor
Billet Accumulator Piston
Billet 4.2 Ratio Apply lever
Firepunk Built High Pressure Valve Body
Deep Pan with drain plug + temp sender port
HD SFI-Certified Flexplate

I emailed Firepunk for a price on this description, do not know if they will sell a kit.
Talked with PATC yesterday, Troy and Randy were very helpful.
If anyone has a comment please :what:.

Updated Parts List For Build

New Electronics
Billet Input and Output(maybe) Shafts
Billet DPC Heavy Duty Triple disc converter (Lifetime Warranty)
HD SFI-Certified Flexplate
Severe Duty Master Rebuild Kit
(Clutches, thinner allows for more, Servo, Strut, Anchor, Accumulator Piston, 4.2 Ratio Apply lever, 2nd gear band)
High Pressure Valve Body with GM solenoid
Deep Pan with drain plug + temp sender port

I emailed Firepunk for a price on this description, boy, got a quote fast, impressive. Thanks Paul.
Talked with PATC yesterday, Troy and Randy were very helpful.

If anyone has a comment please :what:.

Last edited:
Pulled The Trigger

Talked with Will Terry at Power Driven Diesel
Sometimes you click, maybe he is also a great salesman and he has over the past 2 years or so provided key choice tidbits to my Cummins Dodge 47RE education. And he was the most logical.
Dropped off the tranny and transfer case at my favorite local builder. Showed him Will's proposal. He said he could order the parts but it was not worth his time.
At any rate today ordered: Custom 650 HP transmission kit w/triple disk DPC converter.
The goal is a bulletproof, for my situation setup.

If you are not planning on boosted launches then the billet output shaft is not really needed. I used the updated borg warner gov. solenoid and it has been great so far. I'm not really a huge fan of the spacers used to drop the trans filter down with deep pans as the o-ring can get sucked in and allow the oil to become aerated going into the pump. I would definitely go with an upgraded flex plate, the stock one really is quite flimsy. Can't go wrong with a DPC converter. good luck bud!

Back