mag-hytec

smoken250

For the ones that put these on your trucks, did you have good luck? Notice any temp diff? I havent heard anything about them in a LONG time.

I run them in my front and rear diff as well as my transmission. I don't have any proof, but if you figure that you are adding fluid, things should run cooler.

I will say, that my transmission seems to run cooler, but it has been a long time since I didn't have one on.

I have one on the race truck and the F450 tow rig and it is very hard to get trans temps up at all , well worth the money

My Banks PDA has trans temp on it. Prior to the mag hytec trans pan, I was running in the 190 range. Now I run 155ish. Gets up to 165 on 600 mile straight through trips, never seen higher than that, been installed for about a year.

I just put a PML cover on my rear Diff because I had a diff temp gauge and didn't want to tap the stock cover. Even running hard, I never see more than 110-120. Not the same as the Mag cover, but similar benefits I am sure.

I just bought the dd hytec when i rebuilt my tranny and the flat pan made installation alot easier for me using just a floor jack and flat plate.

My Banks PDA has trans temp on it. Prior to the mag hytec trans pan, I was running in the 190 range. Now I run 155ish. Gets up to 165 on 600 mile straight through trips, never seen higher than that, been installed for about a year.

I have a gauge on mine and that is pretty much what I run, temp wise.

I only use Royal Purple. (Note they don't have a transmission fuild rated with SP)

If royal purple doesn't have a transmission fluid rated with SP then will it do damage to the tranny over time. I was told to never run anything in the torqueshift but the factory ford SP tranny fluid, even when upgrading to a suncoast tranny or whatever aftermarket performance tranny. I have royal purple in the rearend and thought about putting it in the tranny but was told that it wasn't compatible with the ford SP fluid. What are most guys running in their torqueshift tranny's for fluid( ford SP, royal purple, amsoil or something different)? Just curious.

I run front and rear covers aswell as tranny pan.... Before it would hang around 180-185ish,now I have a hard time getting it past 150...

That's a good point, the better the fluid in the diffs, the less work the tranny has to do. Guess I gotta spend some cash on this epiphany! Thanks

I only use Royal Purple. (Note they don't have a transmission fuild rated with SP)

Royal Purple.

I run SP in mine, its good stuff.

how do those all go together? hpprose says royal purple doesnt have an SP, but Dal says he runs only royal purple and the SP type. which is it? Royal Purple SP or not?

also, im not using an SP fluid. havent been since i rebuilt my trans beginning of '07. should i switch back? and if i do, should i have the whole system flushed first? thanks.

Garrett

I think what Tim was staying is that he runs SP in his tranny, which isn't Royal Purple. I have talked to the guys at RP quite a few times and at this point in time, they are not planning on making at transmission fluid that is SP compatible.

As far as will it hurt anything, I don't know. Who's tranny do you have? I would call them.

Those of you running Royal Purple in their diffs what weight are you guys running in the rear? It would be more for street/strip use.

I run 75w90 in both, but Ford recomends 75w140 in the rear. I get it by the case, so I didn't want to buy two cases. I have had that in there for almost 60,000 miles with no problems.

We are going to start pulling my truck and I"m probably going to switch to 75w140.

Back