magic fuel problem?

jeff115

Ive got a problem. the symptoms are...
-Won't rev past 1200ish rpm.
-smokes white, pops, coughs.

Things I have tried.
-timing again, again, and again. Tried several different degrees currently at 19. -no change at any settings.
-fuel preassure is good.
-tried 3 sets of injectors.

nothing changes it!:bang going through everything over and over again finaly noticed there is no fuel coming out of the injectors at the return. Removed the return line from the injectors completely, and nothing comes out when the truck is running.

I thought that, checked it. its a different style return valve than what I have seen. It can not be taken apart. but it is closing

Did it start suddenly or did you do something to it that started this?

How are you setting the timing? What lift are you using to get 19*?

I don't know if it started suddenly or not. I kid down the road hammer handed the motor into a ford chassis and, I'm trying to help him get it going.

5.5mm been timing it with the same chart I have always used.
Timing wont cause the fuel to not go through the return though....

Well. It sounds like it's running out of fuel. If you have a good supply, the pump is probably hosed.

Well in case any body is wondering the IP was bad

Thanks for posting up. I hate it when someone comes here for help, and then doesn't take time to report the fix. Kinda defeats the purpose of the thread. So selfish.

10 points for you sir. :Cheer:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up. I hate it when someone comes here for help, and then doesn't take time to report the fix. Kinda defeats the purpose of the thread. So selfish.

10 points for you sir. :Cheer:

Agreed, I checked it just to see if you found a solution, sucks that it was the IP, but glad you got it figured out.

Back