magnafuel

700rmk

Green Behind the Ears
anyone run a manga fuel supply pump at 5k+ rpm , with good results?

putting pedels in the truck need something for my right foot:evil

They are some good pumps. I have a used one in perfect shape I would sell you for cheap.

Aeromotive Eliminator is a better choice in my opinion. We lost fuel pressure with the Magna fuel i believe the aeromotive is cheaper as well.

its 12volt now, was going to gear drive it off the power steering pump

thanks man
called magnafuel and they didnt know what to tell me ,they only test them at 4k.

rock solid 70psi at 5k plus, but that was at 16 volts also. since then switched to a grea drive pump.

Aeromotive Eliminator is a better choice in my opinion. We lost fuel pressure with the Magna fuel i believe the aeromotive is cheaper as well.

Which pump were you using? I have a pro star 500 here that I tested and its like a fire hose!

well we had a 750 magnafuel on my brothers truck and it did fine until we put an ag governor on switched to an aeromotive eliminator and thats what were still running. On my truck i ran a prostar 500 by itself for 2 pulls and it would do fine until the truck pulled down at the end, so now i run the prostar 500 along with the 750 off my brothers truck i just turn the 750 on when im on the line that does the trick it doesnt lose pressure now haha. heres a pull with just the pro star 500 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymQiiSdI3Y
I agree the 500 pushes some fuel it will fill up a 5 gallon bucket in about 30 seconds i thought there was no way it was losing pressure so i ran it again and watched my pressure guage at the end and sure enough it was.

rock solid 70psi at 5k plus, but that was at 16 volts also. since then switched to a grea drive pump.

Ok let me reword that, I was wondering if anyone ran the pump at 5k+?
Its a prostar 600 holds 70psi at 5k+engine rpms,was going to take elc motor off and drive it directly off the power steering pump shaft,so I have one less thing sucking off my batteries.
Just wasnt sure if the pump itself was going to live at that rpms.

Ok let me reword that, I was wondering if anyone ran the pump at 5k+?
Its a prostar 600 holds 70psi at 5k+engine rpms,was going to take elc motor off and drive it directly off the power steering pump shaft,so I have one less thing sucking off my batteries.
Just wasnt sure if the pump itself was going to live at that rpms.

i dont know if there is a differance from there electric pump to there gear driven pumps.

Gear driven magna flow/fuel here doing great up to just under 6k so far with an ag governor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear driven magna flow/fuel here doing great up to just under 6k so far with an ag governor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good on your motor pics, who made the cool adapter for the timing cover?
thx

That's actually the same piece that originally mounted the pump to the electric motor.

well i'll be,was thinking of doing the same thing. did you still use the tiny lovejoy cupler,so pump spining engine speed or are there some one off gears in there???

Thanks Chris, I just got back home last night it was starting to get cold in Ohio :)

700rmk - there is a collar welded to the front of the water pump that protrudes through the front cover, the shaft of the pump exstends into this colloar its direct drive no lovejoy coupling.

Collar.jpg

Fuel_Pump_compressed.JPG

BBD

Back